2018 stats and accomplishments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12 dives this year, all shore dives in Monterey/Carmel.

I try to get a 2 tank trip down every month or so, but conditions were not cooperating a lot this year.

Im hoping for a warm water vacation in the spring. And perhaps getting a drysuit, which will allow me to dive in Jan & Feb, which I have avoided up here.

Highlights were seeing my first bugs in NoCal waters and seeing a brilliantly red colored rock greenling and his grayscale female paramour gliding around together like paired figure skaters, and doing little dances in front of each other. I'm assuming they were making babies. Enjoy yourself fishies.

Tell us about the second dive... Looks like 4 hours of a sawtooth profile. Dangerous, no?
Dangerous is relative. I think its far more reasonable than the 1st one.

The dive was at Manatee Springs. We turned around probably at or around 11,000ft in from Catfish Hotel (a sinkhole entrance to the cave system). Each diver (there were two of us) was using the Halcyon RB80 rebreather and we took two Suex XK1 scooters each, 2 trimix 30/30 stage bottles, plus oxygen for decompression.

The cave passage is constantly changing depth (as you can see in the graph). Its pretty mentally and physically fatiguing doing that for 4hrs straight. I find it straightforward from a decompression standpoint, though. The 2nd dive with a transit at 130ft, up to 50ft, down to 240ft, then up to 50ft and the 130ft for the return trip is far more challenging physiologically. Its a shorter dive so the fatigue isn't there, but dives like that are so far from the decompression textbooks that there's a bit of "unknown" involved.

Only about 50 real ocean dives, but I tried to diversify my experience. Most of my experience has been in Florida/Caribbean oceans, but this year I was able to dive in a river for the first time (Rainbow River), 2 places in Macronesia (Cape Verde, Azores), first Blackwater dive, and first time in Southern California. Did the Solo Diver course, too. For me, it's really all about the photos.

View attachment 497041 View attachment 497042 View attachment 497043 View attachment 497044 View attachment 497045 View attachment 497046

I try to remember every trip how lucky I am to be able to do this.
Wow that’s some awesome pictures.

I am enjoying this thread. Posts with simple to complex stats, I like ‘em all.

Mine:
54 dives; 2337 minutes; deepest @103’; ave 23’ (FL Keys and quarries help with this)
Highlights are FL Panhandle, Oahu HI, FL Keys, all with family of some sort; AOW for everyone in my clan.
Goals:
Nitrox for the wife and myself.
Would love to get a higher number of dives in but I doubt it.
Stretch Goal, the tower of the Oriskany.

120 dives in 2018 - 30 of them in Cozumel with Scuba Club :thumb2:
Logged my 1500th dive :cheers:

A trip to Scuba Club Cozumel where I met lots of great people from all over Canada and the U.S. :thumb:

Divegoose :)

152 dives total

26 in Belize
22 in Cozumel
29 in Roatan
15 in Kona
25 in the Puget Sound, WA
35 in Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Catalina and San Clemente islands of Southern California

2018 = 67 florida Atlantic dives ...deepest 150fsw....

I started in late September (OW & Nitrox cert) and managed to get nine dives in for the year. Four in September and five in November.

I got one dive in on 1/1/19 and I’m headed to FL next week, so off to a stronger start this year.

That trip should about zero out my annual leave, so I’ll have to dive local for a bit to build it back up.

I started in late September (OW & Nitrox cert) and managed to get nine dives in for the year. Four in September and five in November.

I got one dive in on 1/1/19 and I’m headed to FL next week, so off to a stronger start this year.

That trip should about zero out my annual leave, so I’ll have to dive local for a bit to build it back up.
Where are you diving in Florida?

Back
Top Bottom