2018 stats and accomplishments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slow year. Only 5588mins under water. 3 countries, first time diving in Canada. Longest dive was 7hrs 3mins, deepest 303ft. Got to see some new-to-me WW2 wrecks and cave passages, though. Also got to explore and survey a somewhat respectable amount of new cave in a few different systems.

A few wacky profiles:

7P9wune.png

img

70 odd dives for 2018, but the highlight was the extended bottom times I got in my second full year as tech divier. That alone made it all worth while. Looking to top 100 this year and complete my CCR training.

During 2018 I had 70 dives in Koh Tao, Red Sea (liveaboard), Puerto Galera and Phuket. Also, did the following courses:

PADI AOW, Rescue
PADI specialties: Deep, Wreck, Night, Search & Recovery, Drift, Nitrox, UW Naturalist
TDI Sidemount, Advanced nitrox, Decompression procedures, Helitrox.

Not bad for the person who lives in land locked Mongolia and able to dive only during vacation.

I dove 93 dives this year. All in Mexico. Two were Cenotes, a few in Playa Del Carman but the majority in Cozumel. Last year I dove my longest dive of 101 minutes and my deepest of 127'. I have been certified for 4 years now and what I have discovered is it keeps getting better and better. Won't get to dive as much this year though, new job.

67 dives, 52 hrs 42 min

Komodo 23 over 7 days
Ishigaki 13 over 5 days
Koh Tao 31 over 11 days

First time using my own gear, acquired from Black Friday 2017 - May 2018.
First time on a liveaboard.
First time in Komodo.
First time waiting out a typhoon so I could continue diving the day after. (Ishigaki)
First time seeing a Whale Shark. (Unexpected, since the big boat was in dry dock and trips to Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock were out... but one cruised by Koh Tao.)

IMG_2946_1k.JPG

183 dives.
8 countries.
Longest was 2 hours (in 6°c - my balls still haven’t re appeared)
Deepest was 185ft.

Oh and I started cave diving, which is a problem because now I’m obsessed.

A measly 17, but I paid for 85. The family had a blast, and my teenage sons bagged some lionfish, so it's all good.

Slow year. Only 5588mins under water. 3 countries, first time diving in Canada. Longest dive was 7hrs 3mins, deepest 303ft. Got to see some new-to-me WW2 wrecks and cave passages, though. Also got to explore and survey a somewhat respectable amount of new cave in a few different systems.

A few wacky profiles:

View attachment 496960

View attachment 496961
Tell us about the second dive... Looks like 4 hours of a sawtooth profile. Dangerous, no?

Only about 50 real ocean dives, but I tried to diversify my experience. Most of my experience has been in Florida/Caribbean oceans, but this year I was able to dive in a river for the first time (Rainbow River), 2 places in Macronesia (Cape Verde, Azores), first Blackwater dive, and first time in Southern California. Did the Solo Diver course, too. For me, it's really all about the photos.

28178836379_cfccb84e9c_z.jpg 28893019788_926a9f8f91_z.jpg 39628407660_52f522db32_z.jpg 41202087380_c6a3f44c3e_z.jpg 44144251131_9bb2e85bef_z.jpg 45756482834_17c4f8db14_z.jpg

I try to remember every trip how lucky I am to be able to do this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom