2018 stats and accomplishments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope everyone’s 2018 went well.

I had 44 dives combined total in 2016/2017 and managed to get 89 dives in 2018
So I’m very happy with how much more I was able to get out.
I’m hoping for 125 in 2019

I saw a huge improvement in skills and comfort level and switched to sidemount as well late this year.

What about everyone else?

This year I enjoyed plentiful of bottom time. Glad to be healthy enough and also to share this gift with others.

My heart was delighted to have my last dive of 2018 with this loving couple too!

IMG-20181231-WA0006.jpg

I was slowing down a bit. In 2017, I made 108 dives. In 2018, I only made 98 dives. However, I had a chance to dive in Fujairah (UAE), Musandam (Oman), Wilmington (NC, USA), Flower Garden (TX, USA), Jana (KSA), Red Sea (Egypt), Channel Islands (CA, USA), Cocos (Costa Rica), Jupiter (FL, USA), Maldives, Socorro (MX).

Just came back from Socorro yesterday. Went with Nautilus Under Sea.

49 dives only, as we didn't snowbird to Florida in '18. Most I ever had in a year was 80.
Accomplishments other than the 49 dives--- none.

Blessed with 27 dives in Turks & Caicos aboard Turks & Caicos Aggressor II, and 26 dives in Cozumel staying at Casa Mexicana diving with Tres Pelicanos.

Turks & Caicos is (along with Little Cayman's Bloody Bay Wall/Jackson's Bight region) and Belize's outer atolls region billed as one of the 'best diving in the Caribbean' destinations (judging from posts I've seen over the years, though L.C. seems to get the majority of such credit). Having dove the other 2, I wanted to try it.

Cozumel is practically iconic as a (the?) Caribbean dive destination, and despite 2 prior dives on a cruise ship stop, I wanted to go back and 'do it for real.' Get to know the destination and its diving better. Tres Pelicanos and Casa Mexicana have strong reputations; wanted to experience that. And people praise San Miguel's non-A.I. food so much, had to have me a bite of that, too.

I pine for Bonaire continually, but the past few years I've diversified by trying different destinations, and at times different types of diving (e.g.: live-aboard, deep, drift, shark-feed, cold water/kelp/Pacific (California). As a result, I've been blessed to see a lot of things I'd never have seen at Bonaire.

Still dying to go back and 'shore dive the crap out of' Bonaire...

Richard.

331 dives total in 2018. Bali, Lembeh, Derawan, Maldives, Tubbataha, Lembongan, Komodo and Banda. Tech courses to normoxic trimix. Started doing simple videos of my dive trips.

WOW you guys are incredible and put my diving record to shame. About 77 dives in 2018.

37 dives. I dive my first dive travel vacation to Grand Cayman, but weather was tough this year in the NE US and with only one day off for diving, pretty hard to get the amount to make me happy....

How do you guys get over 100 dives in a year ? Are you all working part time in the industry ? :)

If only I could afford to take a year off :)

I have done as much as I thought I would do: got my OW and AOW this summer, a couple of dives in Malta. Got a drysuit and now I can dive in cold water.

Only 22 dives but half of them are training/certifications. Not so easy to go diving when you live in East London, but I will have a new quarry 45 mins away from where I live in a month :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom