2018 stats and accomplishments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you guys get over 100 dives in a year ? Are you all working part time in the industry ? :)

If only I could afford to take a year off :)

No, just putting a good plan on my 4-week vacation / year and taking advantage of the US national holidays (long weekend like Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.). I got 98 dives by going to 3 of a week-long liveaboard trips (averaging about 20 dives / trip) & 10 of weekend / national holiday trips (Sat & Sun, averaging about 4 dives/weekend). :D

98 Dives this year, mainly in UAE but had 4 dives in Oman (Damaniyats) and 8 in Anilao (Philippines).

Caught a cold in the Philippines after 3 days and lost out on 4 more planned days of diving :(

81 dives, my lowest total in twenty years. 26 at God's Pocket, 2 at the oil rigs aboard the Giant Stride and 53 from my own boat after having it in the shop for two months and spending a couple of months in Phoenix. Swells were still too big to get out this morning, but I'm hoping for a better year in 2019.

296 dives for 2018. Would like to have had 300+. However with helitrox, trimix and most recently CCR certs. Dive numbers slowed but bottom time went through the roof. So I will gladly take the trade off. New baby this year kept traveling down to a min. In fact only 2 trips to San Diego wrecks for 2018. Got to do a lot of deep exploring of the old Waddell Dam here in the Phoenix area at Lake Pleasant. Seriously a cool structure to see. Travel will improve for 2019. Not up to the regular pace. But that’ll come:) already have 4 trips booked for 2019.

How do you guys get over 100 dives in a year ? Are you all working part time in the industry ? :)

If only I could afford to take a year off :)

I have done as much as I thought I would do: got my OW and AOW this summer, a couple of dives in Malta. Got a drysuit and now I can dive in cold water.

Only 22 dives but half of them are training/certifications. Not so easy to go diving when you live in East London, but I will have a new quarry 45 mins away from where I live in a month :)
Easily done. Even just locally if you live in a warm(ish) climate. My average lately has been around 70. From May thorough Oct. I usually do a 2 dive day weekly, but quite a bit less during Nov.-April--like one dive daily every 2 weeks or so. Of course being retired surely helps as you don't have to depend on good conditions on just weekends or days off. Even if I had lived on the ocean (like I do now) during my working years I doubt I would've been a diver then.

2017 was 35, 2018 was 32. All 2018 dives were NC dives, mix of ocean and quarries. Hurricanes canceled out several coastal dives but they get canceled a lot due to weather even without hurricanes. Travel was limited. At 73 my goal is to just keep paddling along messing with fish ID. Working on a higher level of SAS REEF surveyor. Besides the NC stuff hope to work in some FL diving. Revisit BHB if it works out.

Grateful for 216 dives, 227 hours, best year to date. Galapagos, Bonaire, Cayman, Boynton Beach, Jupiter and West Palm, Florida. I hope 2019 will be as good, Bonaire and Revillagigedos are already on the calendar, as is Florida.

8 dives this year, we had quite a rough year medically. It's not many I know BUT, I spite of everything, it has been a huge year. I finally got to get back in the water after a 25 year break due to life. The best thing was that my wife got certified this year. We geared up and are hoping for many more dives in the future. I am blessed to have a Wife that shares my passions. Sure everything cost twice as much but It is worth it to have the one I love with me to share many adventures to come.

Happy and Safe Diving to everyone in 2019!!!!

123 dives in 2018

100 in BC
19 in Bahamas
4 in Mexico

Highlights was earning my Divemaster, playing with sea lions, watching an octopus hunt at night and Northern Vancouver island - the surface intervals there were spent watching humpbacks, orcas, dolphins, porpoises and sea otters and underwater was spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom