2013/2014 Bare HD Tech info requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone bought the Bare HD Tech Trilam suit this year.. or maybe last year? I've been looking at reviews lately and it sounds like the quality of the suit went downhill sometime around 2010. Has it gone back up?

Anyone have any comments on how well Bare stands behind the lifetime warranty? Like a 5 year old suit with a huge gash.

I got one in 2011. The suit delaminated after 1,5 years (Admittedly after about 300 dives...) Especially where the harness was.
We have very strong consumerlaws in Norway, so they had to swap it, as delamination cannot be fixed. However, I was told by others that have had the same suit that they were denied replacement because the delamination was under the harness.

What do you mean by a huge gash?

I would think "huge gash" would not be covered under warranty and be considered wear and tear or user abuse. If you read the Bare warranty closely the "lifetime warranty" only applies to seams.

I believe it has been replaced with the HDC which is Cordura. It has just happened recently.

Back
Top Bottom