2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gators are sorta making Auburn look good. Sorta. As good as they can look...sorta....
Let me help you with this little delusion:

My Gators are 7-1-0 while your Tigers are 1-7-0.​

How does our awesome season make your not-so-awesome season look good??? :D :D :D

Here's the thing... no one in the Gator Nation thought we would have this record at this point. We were all looking at each other after every game thinking: "How is this happening?" Heck, we love our Gators and want them to win it all, but we have been extremely happy with the results this season. The Dawgs caught us with our pants down. It really doesn't matter what our rankings our when this game hits every year. It doesn't matter how good either team has been playing up to this point. The UF/UGa game is always a brawl and the outcome is always in question. This is always our most important game of the year, every year. Even if we are playing for the SEC or the National Championship, this is our "must win" game just as it is for them. Make no mistake, the fate of the free world depends on the Gators beatin' them thar dawgs to a pulp. Our good must triumph over their evil and a pall descends upon our nation when we fail. It's just that simple: this is more than a game. Many who know me on a personal level know that I root for only two teams. The Gators and the team playing UGa.

Good game UGa. Onespeed, you can post in here now... at least until nest year! :D :D :D

The only good that will come out of this season at Auburn is firing of Gene Chizik.

I mean what the fluff was Jay Jacob's thinking when he hired a coach with a loosing season of 5-19 at Iowa.

Why would a SEC Team, who's used to competing with teams with top records, hire a coach with a loosing record?

I didn't like it when the hired Chizik... fans thought "well maybe he's ok" when Cam was there and we won a national championship, but then we soon realized that the next year that it was "just Cam" as to why we won.

Alabama's criteria for hiring a new coach was to hire a proven leader with proven National Championship experience. That's what they got with Saban.

Fans by the THOUSANDS showed up at the Tuscaloosa airport to welcome Saban.

When Jay Jacob's returned to the Auburn airport, this is the response he got.... it appears he was right.

[video=youtube;f7TxIMAwc1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7TxIMAwc1k[/video]

That one angle at slow-motion does look like that, but all angles at normal playback speed looks more like an unfortunate high speed collision by three players. I sure hope it wasn't intentional. I can guarantee you one thing, if it is revealed that it was intentional, there would be very few Tennessee fans not calling for his removal from the team. It was sickening to watch.
I agree. If intentional, send him packing. I personally don't believe it was intentional. When I played football (linebacker in HS, not college) we were taught to tackle/wrap-up leading with shoulder pads. Unfortunately, the head/helmet sometimes is in the way leading. At the speeds taking place today, it is going to happen.

...Why would a SEC Team, who's used to competing with teams with top records, hire a coach with a loosing record?...
VOL fans are now pondering that very same question.

Well, it sounds like at least a little good news for Lattimore. I heard on the radio this morning that while his injuries are serious, they don't appear to be career ending. In fact, there was talk about red-shirting him for 2013 so he could come back in 2014. I sure hope things work out for him.

Well, it sounds like at least a little good news for Lattimore. I heard on the radio this morning that while his injuries are serious, they don't appear to be career ending. In fact, there was talk about red-shirting him for 2013 so he could come back in 2014. I sure hope things work out for him.

or he could just go Pro? (after rest/recovery period)

assuming the pro's will accept the injury.

or he could just go Pro? (after rest/recovery period)

assuming the pro's will accept the injury.

Yeah, as nasty as it was, I'm figuring the pros might wanna see any recovery proven out on the college fields first. I'm just amazed that he might still have a football career ahead of him...that was just downright nasty looking.

.. fans thought "well maybe he's ok" when Cam was there and we won a national championship, but then we soon realized that the next year that it was "just Cam" as to why we won.
From the rumblings going on in Charlotte, a large number of Panther fans are about ready to give him back.

From the rumblings going on in Charlotte, a large number of Panther fans are about ready to give him back.

There was an article in the Charlotte Disturber that lays much blame at the feet of coach Rivera. Cam does need a little work.

Lots of rumors flying...

Auburn might hire Bobby Petrino...
Auburn might hire Kirby Smart
Tennessee might hire Jon Gruden
Gruden might also be interested in Auburn....

Supposedly Gruden makes $7 million a year working for ESPN. So it would be a pay cut to go to Tenn or Auburn.
But in an interview this summer he said he missed coaching and wanted to get back in it. I figure he wouldn't make more than $2-$3 million at Tennessee. In my mind, hard to give up a $3-$4 pay cut. (but then again, I've never been in a position to have that problem before).
Hate to see Dooley go.... He brought some class back to UT. But clearly wins are more important.

I think Chizik is out. at of Dec 1st, his buyout will be $5 million. I wouldn't be surprised if that money has already been raised. I wasn't a fan of hiring Chizik. I thought he was a BAD choice. But fans sure liked winning a National Championship with Cam.... so it was easy to forget Chizik was hired with a loosing record and it didn't take long to flip that way again. Hate to see it.

Petrino is not the answer for Auburn. talk about bringing someone in without class to the program. Petrino might be a winning coach, but if Auburn hires him, it will sadly show that winning is more important that morals and ethics and class.

Kirby Smart... leave two National Championships at Bama to go to the chief rival Auburn as head coach? damn... Pete we need that popcorn smiley back.

Kentucky's coach is likely on the way out also... but no one can remember his name.... so we'll just skip him.

Back
Top Bottom