2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I really like Dooley...but, many are wondering if he can coach at this level. Personally, I'd like to see them give him at least one more year. If we had any kind of defense this year, it'd be a way different story, as the offense has been pretty productive in all but a couple of our games.

Lots of rumors flying...

Auburn might hire Bobby Petrino...
Auburn might hire Kirby Smart
Tennessee might hire Jon Gruden
Gruden might also be interested in Auburn....

Supposedly Gruden makes $7 million a year working for ESPN. So it would be a pay cut to go to Tenn or Auburn.
But in an interview this summer he said he missed coaching and wanted to get back in it. I figure he wouldn't make more than $2-$3 million at Tennessee. In my mind, hard to give up a $3-$4 pay cut. (but then again, I've never been in a position to have that problem before).
Hate to see Dooley go.... He brought some class back to UT. But clearly wins are more important.

I think Chizik is out. at of Dec 1st, his buyout will be $5 million. I wouldn't be surprised if that money has already been raised. I wasn't a fan of hiring Chizik. I thought he was a BAD choice. But fans sure liked winning a National Championship with Cam.... so it was easy to forget Chizik was hired with a loosing record and it didn't take long to flip that way again. Hate to see it.

Petrino is not the answer for Auburn. talk about bringing someone in without class to the program. Petrino might be a winning coach, but if Auburn hires him, it will sadly show that winning is more important that morals and ethics and class.

Kirby Smart... leave two National Championships at Bama to go to the chief rival Auburn as head coach? damn... Pete we need that popcorn smiley back.

Kentucky's coach is likely on the way out also... but no one can remember his name.... so we'll just skip him.

Yeah, I really like Dooley...but, many are wondering if he can coach at this level. Personally, I'd like to see them give him at least one more year. If we had any kind of defense this year, it'd be a way different story, as the offense has been pretty productive in all but a couple of our games.

I'd like to see Dooley be given one more year also. But if he looses out on a 4th year in a row, he needs to quit himself.

Chizik... I was never for hiring him in the first place. I'd tell him his time is done. Most embarrasing season Auburn has had.

I'd like to see Dooley be given one more year also. But if he looses out on a 4th year in a row, he needs to quit himself.

Chizik... I was never for hiring him in the first place. I'd tell him his time is done. Most embarrasing season Auburn has had.

Oh...if he loses any of these last four games, he probably won't get the chance to quit. Hell, the only team below us right now is Kentucky, and that's only because they've played one more game than us (0-6 in conference vs. UT's 0-5 in conference). :shakehead:

Hey...I just heard an interesting rumor in the company kitchen...Phil Fulmer may be on the short list for Kentucky. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Hey...I just heard an interesting rumor in the company kitchen...Phil Fulmer may be on the short list for Kentucky. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Google Kentucky Phil Fulmer and it's making it's rounds on the internet. (as are the other above coaches/slots.)

but nothing will be done on most of these until the week of or after the SEC game.

Naming a coaching search or replacement before the end of the season is a moral killer on players and recruiting.

I haven't heard that one but I just can't believe it to be true. I can't see Phil having to start a program basically from scratch at a school that is considered a basketball school. Maybe they'll just turn it over to Randy Sanders and let him have his way with them.

I haven't heard that one but I just can't believe it to be true. I can't see Phil having to start a program basically from scratch at a school that is considered a basketball school. Maybe they'll just turn it over to Randy Sanders and let him have his way with them.

Ah...Randy Sanders...better known as up-the-gut, up-the-gut, pass, punt. :D

I haven't heard that one but I just can't believe it to be true. I can't see Phil having to start a program basically from scratch

well.... look what Spurrier did with SC.

it was a broken beast and years later they competed for SEC Championship.

---------- Post Merged at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

10/30/12

Ex-LSU QB ordered to jail

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A state judge has revoked former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson's bond in his 2011 simple battery case and ordered him to report to parish prison by 2 p.m. today because of last week's arrest on a marijuana charge.

The Advocate reports District Judge Chip Moore told Jefferson that he had a "real problem with what's going on."

Moore ordered that Jefferson be arraigned Dec. 12 on the drug charge.

Moore also ordered Jefferson to undergo a substance abuse evaluation, the results of which will largely determine when Jefferson is released from East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.

Jefferson was arrested last week along with former LSU players Tyrann Mathieu, Derrick Bryant and Karnell Hatcher.

---------- Post Merged at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Apparently both Chizik and Dooley "know that U-Haul moving truck is coming..."

and they both LOOK SCARED!

uhaul-chase-money90p.gif

---------- Post Merged at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

also rumored he might be trying to get his job back in Tennessee...

fulmersign.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

one last one...

Dooley on the "hot seat"

hotseat.jpg

Gee, wish I could get fired and get that kind of money!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom