2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no shame for LSU here. They've been our best opponent so far and the swamp is a horrid place to play unless you're a Gator. I'm glad we're playing SC here in the Swamp!

Again, it's my belief that NO one has a schedule quite as daunting as the Gators this year. Who else has to play #3 FSU, #4 LSU, #5 UGA and #6 SC??? If we make it past UGA and SC, then we have a chance to play #1 'Bama for the National Championship. Of course the winner of that game gets to play the SEC Invitational where we show the rest of the world that the SEC Championship Game was actually much more important. :D

FWIW... SC completely humiliated the Dawgs! As most of you know, I root for two teams. The Gators and whoever is playing Georgia! :D :D :D

Amen, brother. Too little attention is given to strength of schedule. I'm not sure the Gators are currently National Champion calibre at this point, but they are getting there fast. And when they do, I believe the new smash-mouth attitude will keep them there for quite a while (example: Alabama.)

Gators Background.jpg

How about that FSU loss!? :D

SC and KSU should move up in the polls. Gators may get as high as #8.

We beat the #4 team. Both FSWho and UGA lost in a humiliating fashion. That's three of the top five that were upset this past Saturday. SC was the only other top ten team to make a statement by spanking the Dawgs. We have an outside chance to make the top five and the lowest I see us is at #6.

BTW, if you want to see a cream puff schedule: look at FSWho. Other than Clemson, we are the only ranked team that they have to face. I bet they have a struggle with BC as well, but the rest of the season should be easy for them.

Yeah...I never bought into FSU's ranking this year...#3 going into that game...right. Heck, even we beat NC State.

If not for South Carolina, I'd be ready to predict AL and FL in the SEC championship. I saw a sign pre-game in the crowd that was prophetic for GA..."Partly Clowney, with 100% chance of pain." :D

well ... I'll have to say that Auburn sucked ass.

It's prob a good thing I got called into work and didn't get to watch it.

Florida kicked ass this weekend.

but what the heck happened to UGA? them dawgs just "rolled over".

Well, SC is at #3 and the Gators have risen to #4. :D :D :D

Bama is still on top and LSU is still in the top ten (#9).

Georgia is at #14, Ol Miss is at #19 and the Aggies finally made it in at #22. The Aggies would have had a far better ranking if they hadn't lost to us on our first game. It was a good game at that and kudos to them for kicking everyone else's ass! They are 4-1 so far.

FSWho dropped to #12 and out of the top ten. Oh my! Can you see the look of shock on my face? In any case, I bet their face is a bit crimson after that loss. :D :D :D

but what the heck happened to UGA? them dawgs just "rolled over".
Well, I hope we see a pattern in them just "rolling over". It's a Dawg thang I'm sure. Even with that they dropped less than 10 spots in the standings. Yeah, I know it was SC that done whupped up on them, but I was rather expecting them to be dropped from the top twenty five with that crappy performance. Unlike LSU, they were humiliated. Unfortunately, this usually means that they will train even harder for their remaining games. The Gators will aim to disappoint them in vindicating themselves. :D

I'm actually surprised the way that UGA rolled over, that it wasn't a shut out and more humiliating

Earlier, I figured UGA would be able to stomp the Gators asses. I wouldn't bet on that now.

As for Bama being #1, I don't think that's as deserving as other years. They just don't have a tough schedule this year. The LSU game is their only tougher team. so it's not like Bama has had to "fight a tough schedule this year".

We see SC in the Swamp in less than two weeks. I am glad we see them BEFORE Ga. They are the favorites so we have nothing to lose and a LOT to gain. :D BTW, I hope they are plum tired out after playing the Dawgs and then the Tigers. The Tigers will want to vindicate themselves after their loss to us, so SC better not get too... uh, cocky. :D

Last weekend was a GREAT time for Gator fans. All the appropriate teams won and all the necessary teams lost.

I still don't think we should have jumped 6 positions to #4. But it is now up to the team to hold on to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom