2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd say do that at the same time - it makes a far bigger impact on how clothes fit etc than some random scale number. My friend is between 70-73kgs and we are about the same height give or take a couple of cms and I reckon she looks far slimmer than I do. AND she's a bigger build bone structure-wise, too.

A Holiday around here, everyone's diving and chilling :) Hope everything is well with you.

Not much as afar as running/kettlebells.. but lots of diving. I did 5 dives this weekend, 3 of them beach dives.

sweet!! Someday I too shall run a 5K at that time! Congrats!!! Whooo hooo!!1

Well I'm a bit tardy on my last weigh in. Did not have a great week weight wise. Matter of fact you could say it was a diaster. Put on 5.5lbs over the Memorial Day Week putting me up to 304.4lbs. I was expecting to put on weight that week, but was hoping to limit the damage. I kinda of failed though. LOL!

This week has been much, much better. When I weigh in tomorrow, I'm expecting to have lost all of that weight I put on, and maybe be a little under 299lb. I have a lot more time to work out and no big party weeekends to interfer. :)

I'm really hoping to be down to @85lbs in 3 weeks when I go on vacation, but will be happy if I can get to 290. Will report back with tomorrows results.

Think I over did it a little while ago, and my body told me to back off, then I got a bunch of dives in the past few weeks, and I don't dive and run on the same day.
My job situation has yet changed again. I went from a crummy parttime job (that did give me lots of time to dive), with sucky pay working as a graphic designer. Had this job since January. Grateful for the job, but could give you a bunch o reasons why it sucked. Then I got laid off. Saw it coming, so it was no shock on my part.
2 days later, I am standing in a construction zone with hard hat and work boots. Outside. South Florida. sun. sun. sun. heat. Kicks my butt. Got home today (day 3 of work) and took a nap, then dragged myself to the dog park for just under a 3 mile run. Wanted to get a full 3 miles in, but just couldn't muster it out.. My body said stop. So I did.

Good news is that I got about 10 dives in in the past 3 weekends. "Only" 2 this past weekend..both 2 hr+ long :)

Back
Top Bottom