2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yesterday did nothing but housework & stuff. What a lump.

Yeah, I've been pretty much a lump too. Distracted by piddly stuff ... oh, I guess I could be running/walking rather than typing .... nah, I'd spill my beer. :thumb:

I've been distracted by.. diving.. :D

treadmill.jpg

With a fresh dump of snow and -14*C, treadmills will be my life for at least another month...

Sigh, another pretty wasted day. Just can't dig out of this hole.

Did go to the beach with the doggies for a nice 25+ minute walk, much through soft sinky sand, and then I went out for a little snorkel. The conditions were crap so I only stayed in the water for 20 minutes but at least it was something.
FEB12_160kja.jpg

Give yourself credit for getting out there.. you will start feeling better!

Hello everyone... Glad to see the thread for this year.
Jenny so very cool to see your consistency, definitely an inspiration.

I've kinda managed to reach my goals for last year, kinda because I actually took until mid January what I was hoping to do by New Years but I'm calling it close enough.

My next goal is due on my birthday in April, would like to do double unders jumping rope and improve more with the push ups and pull ups. Upper body strength and coordination still such a frustrating challenge.

Chalk up another day where I just sabotage myself and remain in the trough. It's starting to become a vicious cycle - no progress -> no feeling of worthwhile trying -> no progress -> blah blah blah...boring.

Did go out for a dive with a friend and had a great time playing with my baby Panasonic TS3 (and to a lesser extent my GoPro Hero2) so the day wasn't an entire waste.
FEB12_161kja.jpg

Ana welcome back!!!!! Was thinking of you the other day as I was attempting some burpees.. know I did them wrong...it was too easy.
Alcina, just keep at it. You didn't get into this funk in one day, it may take the same amount of time to get out. One thing that has helped me when I am in the funk, is to write in my gratitude journal. 5 things I am grateful for every day.

Busy few days. Got in 4 dives since Friday. Friday's dive was a beach dive off Hollywood Beach. Dang, it's been a long time since I've done this beach dive. We only stayed down an hour, but it was an excellent dive, and was reminded how awesome this dive is.

Saturday, I got two dives on off a private boat.

Sunday, went with HC on her C25k program, but wasn't feeling well, so we walked most of it.

Today, finished off my weekend with a 2:13 min dive at BHB.

thanks for the welcome, and I doubt your burpees were wrong.

Those are among the most evil exercises ever. They trick you into thinking they are easy after 1 or 2 but try 7 minutes non stop. Again 7 minutes probably sounds like nothing, specially for people that run for miles. I know burpees kick my but, supposedly a decent amount is between 120 ~ 140 on that time. My number is so far bellow that I wont even put it in writing. Jumping rope is another one.... I could jump forever when I was a midget, now I feel like I own the world when I manage to do 50 non stop.

Alcina I agree with Jenny. Not only that, there is no way that a day of diving is anywhere close to a waste, never mind sabotage or anything negative. I'm a selfish bastard so the "gratitude journal" wouldn't fly with me, whatever is your style you do need to realize that going diving is good for your mind, soul and also as a form of exercise. Granted for some of us going diving feels like the resting day, but regardless how it feels just going in the water, handling the gear and either snorkeling or breathing compressed air is probably 39.7 times more activity that having your rear parked at home. So think of each and every day you are in the ocean as a celebration day. I hate it when I get to be on a boat but can't actually get in the water so wooooo hooooo for you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom