2011 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bite your tongue, Mike!

UF has three more tough games this month alone. If Brantley is out for the season and Demps is only 80% we could lose 5 games this year, easily. I hate to say it, cause I love my Gators, but we could be playing spoiler this year, not contender.

Bite your tongue, Mike!

UF has three more tough games this month alone. If Brantley is out for the season and Demps is only 80% we could lose 5 games this year, easily. I hate to say it, cause I love my Gators, but we could be playing spoiler this year, not contender.

of course it might be to early for speculation by the news media.... (but that never seems to stop them...)

John Brantley expected to sit against LSU - SEC Blog - ESPN

John Brantley expected to sit against LSU

October, 3, 2011
Oct 3
9:30
AM ET

By Edward Aschoff
Florida starting quarterback John Brantley is expected to miss Saturday's game at LSU, a source close to Brantley told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Brantley left Florida's 38-10 loss to Alabama late in the second quarter after he twisted his knee and ankle during a sack by Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw. Brantley was then replaced by true freshman Jeff Driskel.

Before his injury, Brantley moved the ball well against the Tide defense. He completed 11 of 16 passes for 190 yards with a 65-yard touchdown pass to Andre Debose and an interception.

Driskel, who worked in the spread offense in high school, struggled mightily Saturday. He completed just 2 of 6 passes for 14 yards and bobbled a snap that led to a turnover.

Brantley carried criticism from last season into this one, and even with improvements made under new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and in a pro-style offense, Brantley's lack of consistent downfield passing drew more negative attention. However, he played arguably his best game against Alabama and his 190 yards before half turned out to be a game high. Naturally, the offense regressed with Driskel in the game, and if he doesn't develop some confidence, Florida's offense will continue to struggle without Brantley in the lineup.

While the frosh was lost against the Tide, the word in Gainesville is that there is optimism surrounding Driskel, who was the nation's top high school quarterback last year. With a week to prepare as the starter, Driskel should have a better showing, but things won't be easy at all with LSU's defense breathing down his neck ... on the road.

Expect Weis to simplify things for Driskel as much as possible if he does end up being the starter in Baton Rouge.

I know this had to hurt. I thought he might have been injured worse than just a "high sprain".

[youtubehq]tkDYzi3EPr4[/youtubehq]

:shakehead: I missed that news bulletin. I've been seeking Brantley's condition report all weekend but haven't seen one. That leads me to believe it's worse than we'd hoped.

Poor Driskel is being thrown to the lions against Alabama and LSU. He'll either become the toughest young freshman in the country or will take up golf for his scholarship.

Way to stay classy Miss State..... :shakehead:

Mississippi State Player Urinates “Between The Hedges” At UGA | Saturday Down South

Mississippi State Player Urinates “Between The Hedges” At UGA

One of the unique landmarks in the Southeastern Conference are the beautiful privet hedges surrounding the football field at Sanford Stadium. Originally planted in 1929, the stadium has grown around them to seat 92,746 fans as the 7th largest in college football. At UGA, football games are said to be played “Between the Hedges.”

During the game this past weekend, a Georgia fan (@bethune14) caught Mississippi State defensive back Nickoe Whitley watering these bushes during Georgia’s 24-10 victory over his team:

Mississippi-State-UGA-Hedges.jpg

:idk: when you gotta go, you gotta go.

In one of our favorite sports, scuba, we commonly discuss urination, before, after and during.

Georgia is now slightly in the picture.
Being an optimistic and delusional Tn. VOLS fan, after this weekend they won't. :D

Being an optimistic and delusional Tn. VOLS fan, after this weekend they won't. :D

Yeah baby. Y'all beat Georgia, we (Gators) beat Georgia, maybe we beat South Carolina, then we get to have our butts handed to us again by the West champ. It's gonna be a long season.

temp.jpg

I see Bama winning the SEC Invitational this year. We will be squashed by them once more in the SEC title game.

The real National Championship will be Nov 5, when LSU gits stomped in Tuscaloosa. LSU better enjoy this weekend with us, as I see the Gators as being greatly improved by next year.

I don't think we'll have a problem with South Carolina, UGa or the rest after LSU. Again, the highlight of our year will be our annual Dawg whipping.

Love the Gators, but I see us with 3 or maybe even 5 losses this year: Alabama, LSU, Auburn, (South Carolina, FSU)

Especially if Brantley and Demps are out or not 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom