2011 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rough night for my Gators. :shakehead: I was thrilled to see them come out swinging, but alas the Tide was just too much. If the LSU game is any tougher I may need an EMT at the house.

Have them on standby. No running game and a freshman quarterback. Put a fork in them. Sorry.

Geaux Tigers

Have them on standby. No running game and a freshman quarterback. Put a fork in them. Sorry.

Geaux Tigers
Next week will be equally ugly for the Gators. It's too bad the Tigers and the Tide can't play for the BCS Championship. This is the drawback of having the best conference in the league.

2011 is our "wait till next year" year.

Rough night for my Gators. :shakehead: I was thrilled to see them come out swinging, but alas the Tide was just too much. If the LSU game is any tougher I may need an EMT at the house.

I think all the EMT's were busy with Florida's hurt players

I' ve not heard 'final reports'. but that ankle injury to their quarterback didn't look good.

Auburn played better, but still made lots of mistakes. Their passing game is still bad, but they kept it mostly in a running game.

I need to go and search for after game interviews with Spurrier.... I mean he's right, there was 1 to 2 seconds left on that clock.

I think all the EMT's were busy with Florida's hurt players

I' ve not heard 'final reports'. but that ankle injury to their quarterback didn't look good.

Auburn played better, but still made lots of mistakes. Their passing game is still bad, but they kept it mostly in a running game.

I need to go and search for after game interviews with Spurrier.... I mean he's right, there was 1 to 2 seconds left on that clock.

The replay showed 1 second remaining. I think the position of the officials is that with only 1 second left, by the time they signaled the clock to start the QB wouldn't have time to get a play off.

If I was a SC fan I'd probably want that second, but realistically there were plenty of blown chances and wasted time by the SC offense. IJS.

The replay showed 1 second remaining.

where they stopped it during the replay yes.

I stopped my DVR with him on the ground with 2 seconds showing.

I can't remember for sure, but I thought they got a first down on the last play, which would have stopped the clock long enough to move the chains. .... but as you said, they might have not been able to get off the next play with a quick restart of the clock.

Spurrier wasted his last time out earlier in that play sequence. it came back to haunt him .... because if he'd been calling time (at the time of the tackle), out, he would have had a valid argument. :popcorn:

As for they can't come back and play another play once the clock has totally run out, Derek Dooley found that out last year when LSU came back and beat Tennessee with one last play after the clock had run out last year. so rarely does it make a difference, but sometimes in rare occassions it does.

I don't recall the specifics of the referenced LSU game, but I know the game won't end on a defensive penalty if the clock has run out.

SC still has a good chance in the East. The only relevance to winning the East is being fodder for whoever wins the West, this year. IMO.

Georgia is now slightly in the picture.

Not really.

They already have two losses, one of them to South Carolina as a conference loss.

So for Georgia to go to the SEC Championship, South Carolina would have to loose three times (twice more) and not loose another single game. Florida would also have to loose more, which is probable playing LSU next weekend. That woudl gvie them two conference losses,

Still way to early to tell in the east. way to many conference games left. and Florida and South Carolina have to play.

so Georgia is a big long shot now. Although I'd love to see Georgia beat Florida in the World's Largest Cocktail Party. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom