2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better to start again than not to start at all... good luck!

Dusted off the wii Sports Active today and started the 30 day challenge. Intensity = hard. Wanted to bump it up to 45 min exercise, but can't find that option yet...
Good workout. Some not as tough as I remember and some exercises still very challenging.

Went to the doggie park this morning and it was lightly raining. The dogs REALLY needed to get out and I decided to risk getting cold and wet and go for a run. Ended up getting a good run in and the rain let up about half way through. Finished the trail and went into the dog park and finished out with a slower pace. Got 40 min. in which included the last few minutes doing modified pushup, sit ups, high kick backs, and lunges. Felt good.

Got a wild thought after talking to a friend, and I decided if he could do it, so can I. So, I grabbed the pups this morning and took off for the local county park. It has a 2 mile exercise loop. Went 3 times.. Nice n slow and easy pace. Nothing over the top, just a long slow pace. Squirrel alerts, and slipping the pups off the leash for some free run time, then back on.. at the end I took off my VFFs and finished barefoot. Lots of people were there, I was surprised. Course the biggest "issue" was not trying to compete with myself. I finished one loop, checked the time. Finished the second loop.. ooh, a little slower. Over half done with third loop, look at my watch and realize I have really slowed down, so I pick it up a little bit. So much for slow and easy. Finished and my heart rate was up, oh well, so much for non compete...

Absolute best thing you can do besides Wii fit and eating correctly is High Intensity Interval Training, in other words, don't just jog for 30 mins. jog for 5 mins, then sprint for 30 seconds, and continue that cycle or do it in the water!! Obviously where all of us like to be sense we are on this page. swim slow for a little bit then sprint swim, in the water you are lighter and it is easier to work out anyway but also adds resistance to make it harder!. Go hard Jenny. don't give up you can hit that goal good luck and keep us posted with your results!

Back
Top Bottom