2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the Preseason Rankings... SEC teams in BOLD

The Associated Press Top 25 Poll
Updated: Monday July 26, 2010 02:23 PM

Rank Team Record Votes Previous
1 Alabama (60) 14-0 1,500 1
2 Texas 13-1 1,399 2
3 Florida 13-1 1,370 5
4 Boise State 14-0 1,366 6
5 Ohio State 11-2 1,224 8
6 TCU 12-1 1,163 3
7 Iowa 11-2 1,126 10
8 Cincinnati 12-1 1,060 4
9 Penn State 11-2 1,016 11
10 Virginia Tech 10-3 953 12
11 Oregon 10-3 886 7
12 Brigham Young 11-2 806 15
13 Georgia Tech 11-3 768 9
14 Nebraska 10-4 724 20
15 Pittsburgh 10-3 697 17
16 Wisconsin 10-3 571 24
17 LSU 9-4 501 13
18 Utah 10-3 491 23
19 Miami (FL) 9-4 310 14
20 Mississippi 9-4 296 NR
21 Texas Tech 9-4 224 NR
22 USC 9-4 216 NR
23 Central Michigan 12-2 166 25
24 Clemson 9-5 125 NR
25 West Virginia 9-4 91 18

If Pryor comes out like he ended the Rose Bowl last year, god rest your SEC souls.

If Pryor comes out like he ended the Rose Bowl last year, god rest your SEC souls.
Ohio has a big goose egg since 1920 against the SEC in Bowl games. If they play the SEC this year, I don't see a change in that record.:popcorn:

Woo Pig Sooie!!! It is the Razorbacks who will upset the SEC champs Alabama this year. Mallet on a run for Heisman Trophy!!

Dang! Just when the VOLS had a little momentum and a ton of adrenalin, lightning suspends the game and gives the Ducks a chance to get composed. Maybe it'll help provide a bit of time for Dooley to figure a way to get TDs instead of FGs. :dork2:

Ok my thoughts for the week, inconsequential though they are. (Coming from the armchair quarterback who never really PLAYED the game of football! :) )

Georgia looses to South Carolina 6-17: The Ole ball coach clearly has UGA's number and that in itself is not too shocking. What is shocking to me is I though GA would be better this year than they are looking. They may still be able to give FL a run for their money but lets face it, how many times over the last two years did the Gators walk away with a W after a sloppy game? In the end the only thing that matters is the win.

Florida defeats South Florida 38-14: Speaking of sloppy Florida games this is another one. Granted FL cleaned up in the end but the Bulls were able to hang for the first three quarters. Still a win is a win. They will still be bad news for Tenn next week.

Ten loses to Oregon 13-48: Speaking of Tenn what did that call that game? Granted I expected them to loose and loose big but they gave me hope with a 13-0 start. Then when Oregon started to show some life Tenn just fell apart! They will have to compose themselves better, start making the tackles that really what killed them, if they hope to have any chance in the SEC!

Arkansas beats LA-Mon 31-7: Yawn.... The only exciting thing here was the 401 passing yards and the mostly good defense by Arkansas. The defense because it was so blatantly lacking last year, and the yards because Ryan Mallat who is currently leading for this weeks passing yardage is in the Heisman hunt. Next weeks game against GA is in my opinion the most important game for Arkansas of the season. Loose that game and their season will falter with a loss at Bama, and possible losses to LSU, South Carolina, and Old Miss. Win that game and beat or play Bama close and Ark has a good chance to run the table for their remaining season.

Alabama vs Penn St..... need I say more? Another top team falls to the SEC. Other than playing a down SEC team is their really any challenge out there for the SEC?

Oh this is a fun one! Last look at the pre-season polls!

2 Texas: Lost to the SEC in the championship game last year.
4 Boise State: Beat VT, of course James Madison did as well, with a larger spread.
5 Ohio State: Lost to the SEC in 2 yes 2 back to back championship games! Will loose to Michigan this year :D
6 TCU: What can I say, I like them.
7 Iowa: Small 10, nuff said.
8 Cincinnati: Already fell from the top 25 to 40 in the AP with an opening week loss.
9 Penn State: Great team! However, overwhelmed by some team in the SEC, can not think of the team.... oh wait it was Bama, the same team that beat Texas for the Championship last year. I think they are ranked number 1 or something like that.
10 Virginia Tech: See #4 Boise State.
11 Oregon: Another great team! Completely overwhelmed the SEC's Tenn. Best team in the PAC 10 this year and will have a bowl game. Hmm go undefeated Ohio looses to Mich, OK and Texas takes a loss and they could be in the championship game!12 12 Brigham Young: There can be only one..... TCU.
13 Georgia Tech: How do you spell Kansas?
15 Pittsburgh: Still has to get past the Mountain West....
16 Wisconsin: Always liked that team.
18 Utah: Perhaps the Mountain West should have an automatic BCS bid.
19 Miami: Oklahoma, ouch.
21 Texas Tech: Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St.. too many chances for a loss.
22 USC: Why rank a team that is banned from bowl games for what, five years?
24 Clemson: Just about the only team in the ACC without a non-conference loss!!!!
25 West Virginia: Very close game with Marshal, yes Marshal, that team that has never beaten WV.

Now what I really think is funny is when a Small-10 fan feels the need to come into an SEC chat just to talk trash :wink: But then with Ohio's record against the SEC maybe thats all they can do :D

Oh this is a fun one! Last look at the pre-season polls!

2 Texas: Lost to the SEC in the championship game last year.
4 Boise State: Beat VT, of course James Madison did as well, with a larger spread.
5 Ohio State: Lost to the SEC in 2 yes 2 back to back championship games! Will loose to Michigan this year :D
6 TCU: What can I say, I like them.
7 Iowa: Small 10, nuff said.
8 Cincinnati: Already fell from the top 25 to 40 in the AP with an opening week loss.
9 Penn State: Great team! However, overwhelmed by some team in the SEC, can not think of the team.... oh wait it was Bama, the same team that beat Texas for the Championship last year. I think they are ranked number 1 or something like that.
10 Virginia Tech: See #4 Boise State.
11 Oregon: Another great team! Completely overwhelmed the SEC's Tenn. Best team in the PAC 10 this year and will have a bowl game. Hmm go undefeated Ohio looses to Mich, OK and Texas takes a loss and they could be in the championship game!12 12 Brigham Young: There can be only one..... TCU.
13 Georgia Tech: How do you spell Kansas?
15 Pittsburgh: Still has to get past the Mountain West....
16 Wisconsin: Always liked that team.
18 Utah: Perhaps the Mountain West should have an automatic BCS bid.
19 Miami: Oklahoma, ouch.
21 Texas Tech: Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St.. too many chances for a loss.
22 USC: Why rank a team that is banned from bowl games for what, five years?
24 Clemson: Just about the only team in the ACC without a non-conference loss!!!!
25 West Virginia: Very close game with Marshal, yes Marshal, that team that has never beaten WV.

Now what I really think is funny is when a Small-10 fan feels the need to come into an SEC chat just to talk trash :wink: But then with Ohio's record against the SEC maybe thats all they can do :D

I like the way YOU think. :D I hope Boise state gets the chance to play an SEC team in a championship game. After they get their A** handed to them, there will be no more entertaining the idea that they deserve to be there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom