2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tough loss for LSU, 400+ yards run up on them and only losing by 7. I believe the potential is there for Bama to lose to LSU and Auburn.

Tough loss for LSU, 400+ yards run up on them and only losing by 7. I believe the potential is there for Bama to lose to LSU and Auburn.

Both Bama and LSU have this upcoming weekend off.

so both teams have two weeks to prepare for it. so it should be one hell of a game. I agree with you though that Bama has potential to lose it (including to Auburn).

The big rivalry this weekend will be the "Worlds Largest Cocktail Party".

GA.+-+FLA..gif

UGA and Gators, whoever loses is out of the SECE race.

UGA and Gators, whoever loses is out of the SECE race.

Right now... they are both out of the SEC Championship race. South Carolina is ahead with only two conference loses. Georgia and Florida both have three SEC loses. But.... The SEC East is kinda touchy right now. It appears that South Carolina has it wrapped up, but they have two teams that could result in loses and spoil their attempts to head to Atlanta.

For Georgia to go to Atlanta, they have to beat Florida and beat Auburn. both would be hard to do. THEN, South Carolina would have to suffer two more SEC Losses. (either to UT, Arkansas, or Florida.) Possible against Arkansas and Florida.

For Florida to go to Atlanta, they'd have to beat South Carolina or have the GameCocks loose two ore more SEC games also.

So right now.. .the SEC EAST bid is "South Carolina's to loose".

But it's way too early to call. this thing could easily turn upside down.

Shaping up to be a heckuva season. Just really hard to point to any one team and say "them, they will win their conference (or even division?)" or "they will be in the title game". Reminds me of the season LSU won and from week to week it just seemed to go crazy.

Well big games this week...

Florida beats Georgia in overtime.

Auburn beats Mississippi.

This weekend big games. Bama vs LSU:

Auburn dropped from #1 in the BSC polls due mostly to Computer Poll changes. Putting Oregon back on top.

Bama climbed 1 place after #5 Michigan St and #6 Missouri turned in a loss.

The trip to Atlanta will likely be won in the West by the Iron Bowl. But LSU has a minor chance if it beats Bama and Auburn looses it's next two SEC matchups. but highly unlikely, barring an injury to Newton.

The SEC East looks like South Carolina, unless Florida beats them.

Boise State dropped two more slots as their lack of "Strength of Schedule" is clearly affecting them at the polls.

WEEK 10 BSC Standings

BCS Standings
RK TEAM RECORD
1 Oregon 8-0
2 Auburn 9-0
3 TCU 9-0
4 Boise State 7-0
5 Utah 8-0
6 Alabama 7-1
7 Nebraska 7-1
8 Oklahoma 7-1
9 Wisconsin 7-1
10 LSU 7-1
11 Ohio State 8-1
12 Missouri 7-1
13 Stanford 7-1
14 Michigan State 8-1
15 Arizona 7-1
16 Iowa 6-2
17 Oklahoma State 7-1
18 Arkansas 6-2
19 South Carolina 6-2
20 Mississippi State 7-2
21 Baylor 7-2
22 Virginia Tech 6-2
23 Nevada 7-1
24 Florida State 6-2
25 North Carolina State 6-2

Yowsa! I was at the Mega Dive, so I only heard the score 3 minutes before the half (21 to 7) and then the very last series... right as we intercepted Ga in overtime. Wow.

The better team prevailed. By "better" I mean classier, smarter, stronger and more suave. :D

:uga:​

I suspect this year the SEC doesn't send anyone to the title game, but it is still a heck of an interesting season for the conference crown. I'd hate to have to put money on it right now.

Poor Nicky got out coached, LSU 24, Bama 21. It ain't over till it's over. Geaux Tigers.

Back
Top Bottom