2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can agree with some of that in the article.

and to me it seems like there is a lot of "story" of fishy activities on his dads part. But I've not seen
a.) Any proof his dad asked for money
b.) Any proof that his dad received money
c.) any proof Cam new about it.
d.) Why the NCAA has known about this since January and not done anything on it. I mean if they had something to show his guilt, he'd been ruled ineligible by now.

The article does have a good point that if Cam didn't know about it, it opens a whole bucket of worms for others having family members ask for money and saying they didn't know about it.

What's really lousy is that you've got the entire rest of the team that gets screwed by one persons actions if this is true.

For the most part I don't post comments or make silly calls into sport talk shows...sort of like trying to dance with a pig. The pig gets mad and all you get is dirty. But I have seen so many false reports about Auburn and Cam Newton published that I just couldn't hold my tongue (or keyboard in this case). Some of the false reports include
  • Gene Marsh has been hired by Auburn as a consultant.
  • The current NCAA investigation of Auburn could drag on for years
  • The current NCAA investigation of Auburn could cost head coach Gene Chizik money or cost him his job
  • Cam Newton has the WMDs from Iraq (ok maybe I made that up myself)
However, Marsh is not and has not been an Auburn consultant. Also there is no NCAA investigation of Auburn’s football program, only an investigation into Cam Newton’s eligibility and that should be over relatively soon. The NCAA did not recommend Auburn hold Newton out of the Georgia game. If it had, he would not have played.

But the lack of truth hasn’t stopped rumor, innuendo, and lies from being reported as facts. In this day of tweets, blogs, etc., rumors and false reports seem to have a life of their own. And once they are out there, people chose to believe them based on their own bias instead of waiting for all the facts to be revealed. They had rather believe in a vast conspiracy and black helicopters.

And then there is the totally lack civility. Over the past two weeks I have seen some viscous, mean and downright hateful comments made about Cam Newton, the Auburn coaches and team and Auburn fans. It seems that otherwise normal people hope that something bad will happen to a 22 year old that they don’t know and have never met. This is football people. Get over yourself and enjoy the game. After all that is all it is, a game.

Well that’s my 2 cents…FWIW

have a great day

BTW, in the interest of full disclosure, I graduated from Auburn in 1976.

I tend to agree with Dan Wetzel though; there are some very specific details about the meeting between Cam's Dad and representatives of Missisippi State at a named venue (Hilton Garden Inn in Starkville) on a named date (27 November 2009).

It should be very easy to ascertain whether or not that meeting in fact took place. If it didn't then the story dies a death. But if it did, then you can bet the assistant coaches from Missisippi State are going to come under huge pressure to say exactly what was said. And they have no incentive to hide anything.

I tend to agree with Dan Wetzel though; there are some very specific details about the meeting between Cam's Dad and representatives of Missisippi State at a named venue (Hilton Garden Inn in Starkville) on a named date (27 November 2009).

It should be very easy to ascertain whether or not that meeting in fact took place. If it didn't then the story dies a death. But if it did, then you can bet the assistant coaches from Missisippi State are going to come under huge pressure to say exactly what was said. And they have no incentive to hide anything.

Mississippi has already said that it didn't have any assist coaches at that meeting as claimed.

more funny parody graphics in the Cam Newton saga.

76889_175038409173767_100000028276632_597935_6424193_n.jpg

Seriously? After last night's Iron Bowl, no one has anything to say?

What was the result?

Auburn came back to win by 1 point, 28 - 27.

BTW, (despite their record) GO GATORS

:gators:

I got something to say...WAR EAGLE!!!

Back
Top Bottom