2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New to this thread, and renewing a commitment to fitness. After an annual physical in August, I am back in the gym for cardio and weights and am counting calories and fat intake. I'm weighing once a week on Saturdays on the same gym scale, in shorts and teeshirt, shoes off. I average two dives a week.

Results so far:
250.0 8/28/10
245.2 9/4/10 -4.8
242.8 9/11/10 -2.4
240.0 9/18/10 -2.8
239.0 9/25/10 -1.0 (-11.0)

My follow-up exam is in mid-December, and I hope I can have better numbers. Not only my weight, but BP and triglycerides were pretty high, too.

238.6 10/2/10 -.4 (-11.4)
Not much of a drop, but still downward trending. Only two gym days and two dives last week.
(and I thought I already posted this, but don't see it)

Haven't checked in here in a while, so thought I would. Everyone seems to be doing great here! And I have actually met me goal and weighed in at 187 this morning, which is actually 3 lbs past my goal! The odd thing is, I really haven't exercised much at all in the past month! I ride my bike to work regularly but even that has been irregular this past month only really managing to do it maybe 3 out of 5 days a week. So that brings my total loss to atleast 35lbs.

I need to figure out what to do next, set a new goal maybe? Take a break? If I lose any more weight my wetsuit isn't going to fit anymore and I will have to buy a new one. :(

Haven't checked in here in a while, so thought I would. Everyone seems to be doing great here! And I have actually met me goal and weighed in at 187 this morning, which is actually 3 lbs past my goal! The odd thing is, I really haven't exercised much at all in the past month! I ride my bike to work regularly but even that has been irregular this past month only really managing to do it maybe 3 out of 5 days a week. So that brings my total loss to atleast 35lbs.

I need to figure out what to do next, set a new goal maybe? Take a break? If I lose any more weight my wetsuit isn't going to fit anymore and I will have to buy a new one. :(

Excellent work I hope to hit goal next week.

New to this thread, and renewing a commitment to fitness. After an annual physical in August, I am back in the gym for cardio and weights and am counting calories and fat intake. I'm weighing once a week on Saturdays on the same gym scale, in shorts and teeshirt, shoes off. I average two dives a week.

Results so far:
250.0 8/28/10
245.2 9/4/10 -4.8
242.8 9/11/10 -2.4
240.0 9/18/10 -2.8
239.0 9/25/10 -1.0 (-11.0)
238.6 10/2/10 -.4 (-11.4)

My follow-up exam is in mid-December, and I hope I can have better numbers. Not only my weight, but BP and triglycerides were pretty high, too.

234.4 10/9/10 -4.2 (-15.6) - Nice drop this week, only one gym day, but I got in 5 dives. I am basically at or under 1600 calories a day, red meat once a week, much fruit and veggies, not much processed stuff.

Aint that the truth! I'm still in the recovery phase of the PF. Everytime it starts feeling good, I go do something and we are back to square one again. sigh. I was hoping to be running barefoot over a mile by now, and shod around 3 at a faster speed. Nope. No 1/2 marathon this fall as originally planned (glad I didn't prepay!) and looks like if I continue at this pace, I might get a 5K in by spring.

I lost another -1.2 lb this week to 233.2, down from 250.0 on 8/28/10 when I started counting.

I made four dives, and got to the gym four days, heavy on the weights, so I'm not surprised at the small drop. As long as the trend is down, I am happy.

So close yet so far away....weighed in today @ 201. Haven't spent much time diving, nothing fits anymore, but the jet ski was a blast today.

I lost another -1.2 lb this week to 233.2, down from 250.0 on 8/28/10 when I started counting.
Saturday I weighed 231.2, down 2.0 for the week and -18.8 since 8/28/10. No diving until Sunday, so I will be in the gym a lot this week.

Good job JT. keep it up and your goal will come.

I hit 199 lbs last saturday, for a total of 141 lbs lost, but saw no new posts since my last one so I didn't put anything up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom