2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This past weekend I completed the Ride The Rideau - a 100km bike ride that was a fundraiser for the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.

The first 75km I was bang on my projected times - the last 25km were a bit of a struggle but I made it across the finish line under my own power!

Definitely going to do it again next year.

One of the riders had a helmet camera and was right behind me while we were waiting for a swing bridge to close (that's me with the red saddlebag) YouTube - Ride the Rideau 2010 - Finish line

This past weekend I completed the Ride The Rideau - a 100km bike ride that was a fundraiser for the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.

The first 75km I was bang on my projected times - the last 25km were a bit of a struggle but I made it across the finish line under my own power!

One of the riders had a helmet camera and was right behind me while we were waiting for a swing bridge to close (that's me with the red saddlebag) YouTube - Ride the Rideau 2010 - Finish line

Great job! The Metric Century is a nice accomplishment!

Well it's been 2 weeks since my last check in and it looks like everybody is doing great. It's been a long 2 weeks for me. I packed all my kids off to Iraq, but that meant living on the road for a while. Had a couple beers, ate some not so good food, didn't work out much, kind of a tuff time all around. I hit the scale this morning and it smiled on me, 208lbs with blood suger @ 110.

dw

That's awesome. Looks like a good ride. Would love to do that sometime.

New to this thread, and renewing a commitment to fitness. After an annual physical in August, I am back in the gym for cardio and weights and am counting calories and fat intake. I'm weighing once a week on Saturdays on the same gym scale, in shorts and teeshirt, shoes off. I average two dives a week.

Results so far:
250.0 8/28/10
245.2 9/4/10 -4.8
242.8 9/11/10 -2.4
240.0 9/18/10 -2.8
239.0 9/25/10 -1.0 (-11.0)

My follow-up exam is in mid-December, and I hope I can have better numbers. Not only my weight, but BP and triglycerides were pretty high, too.

well jt welcome to the workout. looks like you are on the right track so keep it up.

New to this thread, and renewing a commitment to fitness. After an annual physical in August, I am back in the gym for cardio and weights and am counting calories and fat intake. I'm weighing once a week on Saturdays on the same gym scale, in shorts and teeshirt, shoes off. I average two dives a week.

Results so far:
250.0 8/28/10
245.2 9/4/10 -4.8
242.8 9/11/10 -2.4
240.0 9/18/10 -2.8
239.0 9/25/10 -1.0 (-11.0)

My follow-up exam is in mid-December, and I hope I can have better numbers. Not only my weight, but BP and triglycerides were pretty high, too.

Nice job on the weight loss.

If you want to seriously impact your BP and Tri numbers, considering eliminating or drastically reducing your intake of high-glycemic foods and sugars. I did and the transformation took less than six weeks. Before I had High BP, I was 120/80. When my High BP developed, it was 150/120 without meds. Less than six weeks after my diet change, my BP was 100/60 without meds and has stayed that way for the past year. First one in my family to get off the meds. My Tri numbers had a similar transformation.

Read more on the Zone Diet if you're interested.

Nice job on the weight loss.

If you want to seriously impact your BP and Tri numbers, considering eliminating or drastically reducing your intake of high-glycemic foods and sugars. I did and the transformation took less than six weeks. Before I had High BP, I was 120/80. When my High BP developed, it was 150/120 without meds. Less than six weeks after my diet change, my BP was 100/60 without meds and has stayed that way for the past year. First one in my family to get off the meds. My Tri numbers had a similar transformation.

Read more on the Zone Diet if you're interested.

This is exactlly how I did it. No more meds for bp, col, or blood suger.

120 minutes a day is minimum, hen 1-2 rest days a week. Then we'll get the top fitness. triathlon, biking, gym, soccer, climbing, scuba and some jumping and bumbing :)

Not much Alcohol, no smoking, good food and a lot of night sleep. There we go!

Actually, if you saw my work out sched. you would probibly have a stroke. Today was weigh in day again and the one god smiled on me for another week. I lost 5lbs last week for a total of 137lbs lost since the last week of feb. Weight: 203lbs Goal: 200lbs but may push an extra 5-10 so I can party when it's over.

Back
Top Bottom