2006 North Coast Camp & Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I am more of a follower than a leader, my navigation skills aren't honed so well yet, I won't be going anywhere on my own. Maybe someone can give me a compass heading to the beer chest. That's one way to learn!

pacificgal:
Yeah, I am more of a follower than a leader, my navigation skills aren't honed so well yet, I won't be going anywhere on my own. Maybe someone can give me a compass heading to the beer chest. That's one way to learn!
now thats the spirit, i promise you the booz box wont be hard to find up there at this turn out!!! did i say booz box, i meant boxes!!! i should have taken pictures of the camp site the next morning, couldnt find the ground!! it was an ocean of empties!!!!:D

Well, I plan on bringing my own, too, with some to share. I want to get in two dives the next day, so I only plan on drinking as much as I can sleep off. Hey, have you ever tried to party in Cabo and dive the next morning? Everything there is "two for one, two for one" You order one drink, they bring you two. It's ALWAYS happy hour in Cabo. I quit drinking early the night before, did my two dives, came back to find my friend still nursing her hangover from the night before.
Oh, I have come across a shark on a dive before, it was a discover dive in Cancun, my first scuba experience ever, the DM brought everyone one at a time into this overhang/cave and was pointing inside the cave indicating I should get out my camera. I looked and couldn't see it. I kept shaking my head, "no, I don't see it. No, I don't see it" He moved me around a bit and then OMG! I saw the shark! I must have blown through 500 psi right there. Oh, I got a picture alright, it was nothing but bubbles and a fin if you looked really hard.

pacificgal:
Well, I plan on bringing my own, too, with some to share. I want to get in two dives the next day, so I only plan on drinking as much as I can sleep off. Hey, have you ever tried to party in Cabo and dive the next morning? Everything there is "two for one, two for one" You order one drink, they bring you two. It's ALWAYS happy hour in Cabo. I quit drinking early the night before, did my two dives, came back to find my friend still nursing her hangover from the night before.
Oh, I have come across a shark on a dive before, it was a discover dive in Cancun, my first scuba experience ever, the DM brought everyone one at a time into this overhang/cave and was pointing inside the cave indicating I should get out my camera. I looked and couldn't see it. I kept shaking my head, "no, I don't see it. No, I don't see it" He moved me around a bit and then OMG! I saw the shark! I must have blown through 500 psi right there. Oh, I got a picture alright, it was nothing but bubbles and a fin if you looked really hard.
bwaaa ha ha ha!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry i love sharks!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: oh did i mention i dont get and have in my life time have never had a hangover!!! dont even know what they are, and that is a bad thing in my case as i love to party when i am out for the weekend, while at home, i touch not a drop!!!!

I'll try and dig up my shark picture for you.
You're lucky you don't get hung over, I don't much. There are some purists that believe you shouldn't drink before or after you dive, doesn't sound like we will be hanging out with a bunch of puritans this weekend!

pacificgal:
I'll try and dig up my shark picture for you.
You're lucky you don't get hung over, I don't much. There are some purists that believe you shouldn't drink before or after you dive, doesn't sound like we will be hanging out with a bunch of puritans this weekend!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nope we cure the BENDS with alcohole, and we dont have a drinking problem, we drink we get drunk and we fall down with no problem, now that i have shown my complete nutty self, i can also tell you we are very responsible drinkers/divers and though you will have a fantastic time we will also have a great diving time and very safe fun and comfetable outing. that is the truth!!! or you may beat me up!!!! did i mention i run real fast when a po"ed women is chasing me???? :D

Sounds like a good time. And I am not worried, not about the drinking nor the diving.
Just can't wait for Saturday to get here! Wooohooo! Gettin' wet on the North Coast!!!
Hey, are most people going to be diving wet? I been trying to figure out how one would freedive in a dry suit...?

pacificgal:
Sounds like a good time. And I am not worried, not about the drinking nor the diving.
Just can't wait for Saturday to get here! Wooohooo! Gettin' wet on the North Coast!!!
Hey, are most people going to be diving wet? I been trying to figure out how one would freedive in a dry suit...?
I'd suspect most people will be scuba diving wet and for sure wet for ab diving.
I'd imagine one could freedive in a drysuit. you'd have to dump all the air out and dive it shrunk down and forget about adding air. The weighting might be a trick with a bag suit but would probably be easier with a neoprene suit. I don't know, never tried it.
A bag suit doesn't seem like it would be very streamlined for freediving though.

And as far as Saturday night goes, I promise you I will be ready to do a night dive at Gerstle Cove. There may be others that may want to join in as well.

ZKY

Cool, then, Eric, I promise to do a good job at getting you caught up with the hard core partiers upon our return. Gotta catch up, right?
Sit around the fire getting warm telling scuba stories...comparing exotic dive locations...
Oooh! What fun!

Alright, I have reserved my son's wetsuit and my tanks. I have gotten my new BCD fixed. I have purchased a dive knife, and my husband bought us a couple sleeping bags. I have run my camping cooking gear through the dishwasher, I have pitched and unpitched my tent. I will be testing flashlights and starting to pack tonight. I will go grocery shopping and pack the car with my dive gear and camping gear tomorrow night. I pick up the rented wetsuit and tanks Saturday morning, go to hockey game, then I am on my way!
I don't need to bring a camp stove or BBQ, do I? I am assuming that when you said "firepower" that's what you meant? Am I forgetting anything? Is there anything else I should bring? I am still going to try and bring a box of firewood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom