2006 North Coast Camp & Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm having my 7th annual North Coast Campout
August 5th & 6th
Ocean Cove Campground, Sonoma County, Ca.

This is the "famous" North Coast Party that you may have heard about.

If you are interested in attending there are a few things you will want to bring:
Tent, personal sleeping gear, personal dive gear including all tanks you may want to dive, freedive gear for abalone, license and punch card, some personal food and booze for your own consumption-breakfast and lunch. For dinner we usually all bring a little some thing special to contribute. Some people may have a special dish of some sort they like to prepare. I will have my cooking arsenal available so there will be plenty of firepower. Every party so far we have always managed to get enough abs fish and scallops that nobody's gone hungry and the stuff we bring as emergency food, like hot dogs, never gets touched.
I bring firewood but if you can bring some it would be a great help. That is one thing there never seems to be enough of, firewood.

There is a store there at the campground with a pretty complete supply so if you forget anything they will probably have it. They have ice too.

The nearest dive shop for fills is in Bodega Bay about 45 minutes south.

They do have a boat launch at the campground so if you have a boat please bring it. If you have a kayak I encourage you to bring it. There are numerous shore diving spots dotting the coastline in that area.
I do have a boat but I am limited in the amount of people I can take out at one time. I will do my best to get people out for a boat dive, but it is good idea to have an alternate plan so you can get in as many dives as you want.

The fee is $18 a night per vehicle payable at the store. They don't care how many cars we stuff into a site either. The boat ramp is an additional $8 per day if you use a vehicle on it (loading /unloading a kayak or dive gear or boat). Pets are an additional few dollars also.

For more information or to confirm you want to attend please call my cell at (707) 318-2577.
I am working out of town currently so I will not be able to respond to e-mails or posts on this board, therefore you must call me.

Thank you

ZKY

Grrrr! I'll be in Santa Cruz that weekend. Well, have fun.

guess i'll have to reroute my plans for the 6th. the 5th is the redding rodeo for all those in far-nor-cal. Was planning a northcoast dive anyhow so looks like this will be it.

Diver_Jan:
This sounds like alot of fun! How far of a drive is it from Orange County (So Cal)??? The previous weekend, I'll be in Monterey. Whew...chalking up those miles for the love of diving....
jan, it is 275 miles for you, not much more then for myself as well, it will take you about 3-4 hours, well that is a little bit further for you then for me, but if you are up to it it is well worth it!!!!!!!

I would like to go this year, I'll talk with my wife about it.

Ericson, my wife doesn't dive.

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I just found out that I'm DMing a boat that weekend to Farnsworth Banks off the backside of Catalina Island...so won't be able to make the camping and diving. Probably just as well, since I just did Jade Cove, Morro Bay, and will be heading up to Monterey for three days.

Have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom