2006 North Coast Camp & Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, i have some bad news.... unfortunately, i had a few unexpected bills this month and wont be able to make it this year :( i've been looking forward to it all year!!!!! so y'all make sure you have a few for me at the party sat!! and jim, i wanna see the pics!

:cheers: :D

Hey all,

Turns out I coming! I'm be there early saturday morning. Set up my tent then go diving all day. I'll whip up my special Filipino seafood dish called, Sinigang. It tastes great with fresh ling, cabezon, or rockfish. You can eat it by itself or over steamed rice.

Jim, when do you plan on being there?

See y'all saturday!

Ericson

scubajunkee:
Hey all,

Turns out I coming! I'm be there early saturday morning. Set up my tent then go diving all day. I'll whip up my special Filipino seafood dish called, Sinigang. It tastes great with fresh ling, cabezon, or rockfish. You can eat it by itself or over steamed rice.

See y'all saturday!

Ericson

Awesome! I am so excited to see you again! I will be there, with large tent and many, many sodas! I don't cook, so I'll be trading cold beverages for food :D not any eyeballs or tongues, though!!! EEEEYUCKKKKIE :nonono:

Pacificgal, feel free to leave your tent at home and share mine...it has room dividers and plenty of space for the four of us (you, your son, myself, and my son). We'll be coming up in my big blue van.

It looks like it will only be my youngest, Alex, who is 11 and myself. :eek:fftopic: We (hubby and I) are putting Graham (my 15 yr. old) into inpatient treatment. :smileysto It sucks, but it has to be done. Thankfully I will be seeing old friends and meeting many new ones to keep my mind off of him! I am so excited. :multi:

I am still in Chicago until Thursday morning. I did two fabulous dives on a wreck about 14 mi NE of CHicago's Burnham Harbor. It was wierd being in freshwater. When I blew my "O" air rings into the water, it didn't taste bad at all! :11:

Alex and I will leave for the No. Coast on Friday morn, so we won't be in too late. We'll stay until Monday morn, then go to Pt. Lobos for a dive or two (after getting some tank fills :wink:. ALex doesn't dive, so he'll hang around and play in the surf. He doesn't like to snorkel, as he thinks the sharks will get him. :hai:

Can't wait to meet ya'll:wave-smil and have a party :party2:

I think I found a wetsuit for my son so that he can do some snorkeling, for some reason sharks don't scare him although I have to admit I did a websearch on CA shark attacks so that I could see if there were any in the area where we plan on diving (there were some, though none fatal). Another dive friend of mine said "oh, you're going into great white territory". I sure hope not, my husband would be mighty upset if I wound up getting bitten by a shark. Yesterday we were watching a show on the 10 most dangerous sharks, and unfortunately the researcher on it negated what I had been telling my husband... "sharks don't go after scuba divers, they prefer surfers..." then you see their shark attack log, "scuba diver, surfer, swimmer, scuba diver...etc." CRAP!!!
Is there going to be a campfire for s'mores?
I am in the process of trying to plan my menu, I can make a side dish of potatoes for everyone that's easy to make and has a hint of lemon that would go well with fish and seafood. Laurel, I will bring enough kid-friendly food to feed both our boys. Sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.
I anticipate being up there around 6pm on Saturday, will do the night dive after meeting you all and getting my stuff unpacked, then 2 dives on Sunday morning.

scubalaurel:
ALex doesn't dive, so he'll hang around and play in the surf. He doesn't like to snorkel, as he thinks the sharks will get him. :hai:
Please be cautious. The North Coast is much different than the shorelines in Southern California as many on this board will attest. Sneaker waves, strong current, cold waters and yes even sharks are all perils of this wonderful coastline of ours. Have fun. I wish I were going.

scubajunkee:
Hey all,

See y'all saturday!

Ericson
OOOOOHHHHH NNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! there goes the neiborhood:D ERICKSON, right on buddy , it is great to see that you will be there, we will dive, and cause some kind of trouble of fun!!!!

Wisertime:
Please be cautious. The North Coast is much different than the shorelines in Southern California as many on this board will attest. Sneaker waves, strong current, cold waters and yes even sharks are all perils of this wonderful coastline of ours. Have fun. I wish I were going.
no worries we will have a GREAT guide!! zky KNOWS his way around there, its his own back yard!!!

pacificgal:
I think I found a wetsuit for my son so that he can do some snorkeling, for some reason sharks don't scare him although I have to admit I did a websearch on CA shark attacks so that I could see if there were any in the area where we plan on diving (there were some, though none fatal). Another dive friend of mine said "oh, you're going into great white territory". I sure hope not, my husband would be mighty upset if I wound up getting bitten by a shark. Yesterday we were watching a show on the 10 most dangerous sharks, and unfortunately the researcher on it negated what I had been telling my husband... "sharks don't go after scuba divers, they prefer surfers..." then you see their shark attack log, "scuba diver, surfer, swimmer, scuba diver...etc." CRAP!!!
Is there going to be a campfire for s'mores?
I am in the process of trying to plan my menu, I can make a side dish of potatoes for everyone that's easy to make and has a hint of lemon that would go well with fish and seafood. Laurel, I will bring enough kid-friendly food to feed both our boys. Sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.
I anticipate being up there around 6pm on Saturday, will do the night dive after meeting you all and getting my stuff unpacked, then 2 dives on Sunday morning.
THERE are no worries on the sharks, almost all of my diving has been here on the west coast and i have never been lucky enough to see one yet, besides they dont like divers as they may chip a tooth on our tanks, ha ha ha , in well over 200+ dives in the last 1 1/2 years the only way i got to see a shark was to go to the philippines and have the guide take me to shark cave so i could photograph them. on the camp fire we have one burning at almost all times so DO BRING your smores. now if you are REALLY WORRIED about the sharks, you bring some chum and i will bring my camera and we will see what we can get,lol.
phillipinesbest074.jpg
philippinesgreatest049.jpg

dannobee:
Swim with a buddy and reduce the chance of a shark attack by 50%. We're going with a pretty big group, so the chances are even smaller. :eyebrow:
if you see a shark just pull out your knife and stab your buddy in the leg and then swim faster!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom