2006 NCWD Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XJae:
I want on that charter. :wink:

I also think the Wreck Valley crew needs to charter a boat with us for some dives!

sounds like a great idea. i guess we'll need one of the bigger boats.
i'm not coming during hurricane season again, so maybe may-july sometime.

WooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Think DW would survive the trip? Bwhahahahahaha

At the request of Suthnbelle I got some info about the diving here in Wilmington. I just talked to Aquatic Safaris and the group discount is; book 6 spots pay for 5 a little more then 15% off if split evenly. As Doc said the trips are filling up fast!

Mel wanted a little info about the wrecks, here is my condensed list of some good dives.

Shark wrecks: (showed up late last year, late June)
Hyde and Markham 85fsw to sand

History:
Gill and Nashville sunk by Uboats, 95 and 115fsw, respectively
Normannia and Playa, foundered, 115 and 60fsw, respectively
Cassimer, collision, 115fsw
Rosin Wreck, ????, 115fsw (my fav)
The deeper guys are amazing dives but are for the more experienced.

Marine Life:
23mile ledge (85-100fsw), Lobster Ledge w/lionfish (95-115fws), Frying Pan Tower area (50-105fsw)

It might be easiest to visit my wilmingdiving site listed in my sig for A LOT more info on each wreck. Let me know if you have any questions.

Pat

OK, when you say "more experienced", how experienced do you mean?

Have done the Papoose and Spar. Been to 108 ft. AOW and Nitrox...........would I be OK? 40-some dives in different conditions.

That's enough experience, the Nitrox is a definate plus. Just they are not the best wrecks for your first or second dive in the ocean, although I have seen it done. I know there are a few people in the group that are newly certified or don't have a lot of ocean experience, that's when it might not be the best dive.

The Hyde and Markham can be good first ocean dives, 65ft to the decks 85 to the sand.

I forgot about the City of Houston, don't know how but I did.

Pat

OK the way I see it is this. Everyone just send me as much money as you can scrape together, cash preferred, and I will set up a charter to go to the cabin cruiser at the lake norman quarry.
Whos with me!!!

Seriously though I would love to get back out there.

plankspanker:
Seriously though I would love to get back out there.

Henry, you want to get back out where?

Regarding money lets not start this discussion now but I'm sure we will get something worked out. You all trust me, right? :deal:

flounderer:
At the request of Suthnbelle I got some info about the diving here in Wilmington. I just talked to Aquatic Safaris and the group discount is; book 6 spots pay for 5 a little more then 15% off if split evenly. As Doc said the trips are filling up fast!

...snip...

Pat

I want 1 spot for sure and maybe 2. So you guys fight over the others....:14:

Back
Top Bottom