2006 NCWD Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It is winter and I'm already dreaming about diving the coast this spring and summer. When do you all think we should start planning charters/trips? I want to plan a Wilmington weekend for the group diving with Pat's shop Aquatic Safaris. I know Leda has the Cooper River trip in the works for late June. I've got the June MHC wreck trip in the works. Februrary is NFL for a few of us. July I'll be in Florida hopefully but would also like to schedule a MHC weekend as well. Since these will be weekend dives should we go ahead and call shops to see when we need to start reserving spots for our group?

Mel, we have the itch too. Need to get on it soon!!! I was thinking/hoping for some of the NC wrecks the week of April 10th. WOnder if we'd end up blown out like last year??? Charlie suggested Florida......thoughts?

I need to talk to you in the next day or so to firm things up for the 19th and 20th.

I am definitley itching to get back in the game. This year Team Prages is going to have to be even cheaper so our hopes are going for trips we can drive to and camp near. I am very excited to get it going though, come on weather!

Hey guys, just food for thought -

We started planning trips in January and February for the 2005 season. Most of the operators have their schedules on their websites.

If you're aiming to maximize your time at the coast (e.g. planning trips on 3-day weekends like Memorial Day), be advised they fill up fast. OTOH, if you call up Bobby Edwards or Bobby Cox and say "we have 9 divers with paid deposits collected, and we want nine slots for X weekend" - uh, that speaks volumes in terms of getting you where you want to be when you want to be there.

So...best advice is to get people together early, (order pizza!), get out calendars, plan the trips, call the hotels for rooms or campgrounds for sites and lock those on, and mail deposits to the boat captains. If blown-out you get the deposits returned, but only having money in the mail guarantee's you slots on the weekends you want.

For what its worth... :) Hope your 2006 season is fun and exciting! (And there is a remote possibility that I'll be joining you for a trip or two this coming season...)

Hope y'all have a Happy New Year!

Doc

I am dry till mid-March. HAVING lASIK ON jAN 20 AND HAVE AN 8 WEEK WAIT TO GET BACK IN THE WATER. cORRECT ME IF i'M WRONG, BUT i WAS THINKING mARCI'E WAS MUCH SHORTER THAN THAT!

Whoops on the caps lock sorry

kristi hager:
Mel, we have the itch too. Need to get on it soon!!! I was thinking/hoping for some of the NC wrecks the week of April 10th. WOnder if we'd end up blown out like last year??? Charlie suggested Florida......thoughts?

I need to talk to you in the next day or so to firm things up for the 19th and 20th.

Kristie I was thinking the same thing about April! We need to do an anniversary trip! Lets plan it!

Flounderer will be posting shortly regarding what he finds out from Aquatic Safaris. I can do some checking with charters in MHC and post tomorrow.

So Doc, when are you visiting the east coast so we can include you in on a weekend trip?

Another thing...we can most definitely call Bobby Cox because that is DW's charter of choice! Maybe we'll get lucky and he will show up for some diving. :D

suthnbelle:
Another thing...we can most definitely call Bobby Cox because that is DW's charter of choice! Maybe we'll get lucky and he will show up for some diving. :D
I want on that charter. :wink:

We can call Jim at Cape Fear Divers and set something up there as well.

Bob_B:
We can call Jim at Cape Fear Divers and set something up there as well.

That is fine too. I just wanted us to definitely plan something with Pat and Aquatic Safaris since we didn't dive with them last year.

Maybe you all need to throw out your preferences for wrecks and we can decide on which area to start calling. We are lucky to have such a variety to chose from.

For now I'm thinking an early spring trip (April or May) and then one for August.

What do you all think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom