2006 "Crab Grab"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about having the Boil at the east side of the Alabama Point bridge (Fl. Point) at the new Pavilion & Parking lot? There is a Nice new gazebo (spelling) there and plenty of parking.

tom wicker:
I would just about bet she is one of the people that calls it pop

Not pop nor soda. It was just funny the way he said that. Plus I was able to get out of the office today and enjoy some fresh air. I was a little giddy.:D

algulfdiver:
What about having the Boil at the east side of the Alabama Point bridge (Fl. Point) at the new Pavilion & Parking lot? There is a Nice new gazebo (spelling) there and plenty of parking.

Gary you got a good point there. The west side starts filling up with Hook & liners early on the weekend , that wall can get pretty crowded at times

kchFLA:
I need a dive buddy.

I'll dive with you while PHD sulks and whines about setting up the Airplane Hangar in a Bag....:evil:

algulfdiver:

Excellent Suggestion,

So:

Primary Site will be the East side of the Bridge at the Pavillion
Secondary Site will be West Side of the Bridge at the Jetty entry point
Tertiary Site will be the Big Parking Lot on the West Side of the Bridge
Quaternary Site will be Lagoon Park-Gulf Shores
Lagoon Pass is a shallow waterway connecting Little Lagoon to the Gulf, 2.9 miles west of Highway 59. You'll find restrooms, an outdoor shower and water fountain on site, with parking on the northeast side of the Lee Callaway Bridge.
Quintary Site will be my condo.

Mat, has my cell phone, I'll PM it to whomever wants it, and I'll PM it to Gary.

paulwall:
Excellent Suggestion,

So:

Primary Site will be the East side of the Bridge at the Pavillion
Secondary Site will be West Side of the Bridge at the Jetty entry point
Tertiary Site will be the Big Parking Lot on the West Side of the Bridge
Quaternary Site will be my condo.

Mat, has my cell phone, I'll PM it to whomever wants it, and I'll PM it to Gary.

Ok this lil ole Florida gal has absolutely no idea where any of these places are.:huh: Would you mind sending me a PM with directions?

kchFLA:
Ok this lil ole Florida gal has absolutely no idea where any of these places are.:huh: Would you mind sending me a PM with directions?

From Pensacola:

Start out going WEST on E CERVANTES ST / US-90 / US-98 / FL-10A toward N PALAFOX ST / US-29 / FL-95. 1.4 miles
2: Turn LEFT onto N PACE BLVD / US-98 / FL-292. Continue to follow N PACE BLVD / FL-292. 1.1 miles
3: Turn RIGHT onto FL-292 W / BARRANCAS AVE. Continue to follow FL-292 W (Crossing into ALABAMA). 19.8 miles
4: FL-292 W becomes AL-182 / PERDIDO BEACH BLVD. Continue until you see the big bridge (past Ono Island). Parking lot is on the Gulf Side just before the bridge. Secondary and Tertiary sites are on the other side of the pass, also on the gulf side.

From Mobile:
Take 59 South to the Foley Beach Expressway (toll) or to AL-182 (longer, and more traffic). Take the expressway all the way to the end across the ICW (bridge just after toll booth). Go left on the Canal Road, past Gary's Gulf Divers, and take the next right toward the beach (at the light). Go to the end of this road where it intersects 182, turn left (east), and continue until you see the big bridge. Primary site is over the bridge on the Gulf Side, Secondary and Tertiary sites are on the West Side of the bridge.

I'll have a white Ranger Pickup, and a Canopy Tent (I think it's blue and white striped) up, somewhere. Pot goes on the burner at 4pm, crabs go in around 4:45-5pm.

PHD just called to inform me he called the campground in Gulf Shores (I think) and they supposedly said we'd be able to get a tent site sans reservation Sat. night....how realistic is this? We don't need a repeat of the last AL diving excursion. If we successfully locate a place to pitch the Airplane Hangar we might be up for a night dive and he has a spearing license and we are out of fish in the freezer....

MDB - the campground would know better than anyone else, whether availability is possible. I would think no problems, due to the heat(comfortable at night still). You guys never made it to AL on your last attempt, Perdido Key isn't AL - but you were close - had you gone 10 more minutes down the road you could have met us for dinner. Besides, you could've camped with better planning, and less of a whiner riding with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom