2006 "Crab Grab"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do I have it right. Sun afternoon for the boil/get together? Diving Sat. and Sun.

Nate

Natebrr:
Do I have it right. Sun afternoon for the boil/get together? Diving Sat. and Sun.

Nate

Saturday PM for the Boil/Get Together. Fri, Sat, Sun. Diving.

Tides for the weekend, at Ft. Morgan:

F 11 High 1:16 PM 1.3
11 Low 10:35 PM 0.4

Sa 12 High 5:30 AM 0.7
12 Low 7:54 AM 0.6
12 High 2:26 PM 1.0
12 Low 9:31 PM 0.6

Su 13 High 3:31 AM 0.9
13 Low 10:19 AM 0.6
13 High 5:13 PM 0.7
13 Low 7:50 PM 0.6

Navarre:
F 11 High 11:24 AM 1.6
11 Low 8:16 PM 0.7

Sa 12 High 12:53 PM 1.2
12 Low 7:24 PM 1.3

Su 13 High 1:10 AM 1.1
13 Low 8:17 AM 0.8

Ok, the schedule (subject to change)

Friday PM - Dive on your own. Mat and I are doing some underwater recon/prep work. The whiskey is open. I may do some floundering (gotta make use of my license).

Saturday AM - Whiskey/Destin Jetties/Pensacola Jetties/Navarre Pier/Paddlewheeler/Boat Trip. Whatever and wherever you want to dive. Gary's Gulf Divers in Orange Beach for air fills/group meet spots, Wherever you dive in FL air on your own.

Saturday PM - More of the Same, Meet at Boil Spot in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores by 5pm (to allow the Remote divers time to dive the tide, and get to the site). Jetties will be close by for those skunked in other areas.
Water will be put on the boiler at 4pm.

Night Dive at the Whiskey/another location for those who don't imbibe. Floundering for those able.

Sunday (Early AM) - Alabama Point Jetties? Or other Shore diving or Boat trip, as interested.
Later AM - Maybe the Alabama Pier or Whiskey Wreck/Paddlewheeler/Other Sites. Even Pensacola/Navarre is not out of the question.
Sunday (3-4ish) - Alabama Point Jetties to catch the incoming tide.

Blue Crab Regulations:
ALABAMA:
http://www.outdooralabama.com/fishing/saltwater/regulations/crabregs.pdf

(Expire September 30th)
Commercial Crab License...........$51.00
Recreational Crab........................No License Required
(5 traps maximum)
Possession of crabs of less than 5" carapace width is prohibited.
FLORIDA
http://myfwc.com/marine/recreational/recbluecrab.htm

NO EGG-BEARING FEMALES!
(Crabs That is, Egg-Bearing Female Divers are allowed -But not Crabby Females, or Crabby Males for that matter)

These are the same for-fun dives you would normally do on any given weekend. The crab-grabbing is just an activity to keep us together after the dive.

You guys have a great time while I'm at work. I'll be wishing I was there.

I need a dive buddy.

Back
Top Bottom