2006 "Crab Grab"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kchFLA:
Without revealing your secret spots, where would you recommend MDB and I dive? I don't think we are going to be in competative mode as far as grabbing crabs go.

There are tons of blue and stone crabs on the jetties. I haven't seen many on the Whiskey wreck, but I'm sure they're there. I presume They are around the bridge pilings. I know they're around the old pier pilings (further east of the bridge)

Under the Caribe slips as well, on the east side of the channel, nearly underneath the bridge. Just watch for boat traffic.

photohikedive:
Maybe I will buy her a pole spear..

You'll need a spearfishing liscense, not just a fishing liscense. You'd have to get it from the Wildlife Fisheries place in Gulf Shores. Only open Mon-Fri, but you can also get it online, but not in time.

kchFLA:
Without revealing your secret spots, where would you recommend MDB and I dive? I don't think we are going to be in competative mode as far as grabbing crabs go.

um, er, I will be diving too, why am I not being mentioned?

Did anybody else hear that? I could have sworn I heard something:evil:....ok we have the attendee list now I'd like to know if we need anything else food-wise to go in the pot, it got a little muddled a few pages back....and you can all breathe easily for one more weekend, I don't wish to spearfish...

Cool, thanks for the correction. I thought they mailed you a copy or something. I also thought you had to snail mail them a check. Nice to know they made the process easier.

Mat

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Did anybody else hear that? I could have sworn I heard something:evil:....ok we have the attendee list now I'd like to know if we need anything else food-wise to go in the pot, it got a little muddled a few pages back....and you can all breathe easily for one more weekend, I don't wish to spearfish...

Originally Posted by paulwall
Thanks for the offer.

We will need:

smoked sausages
mushrooms
Whole Garlic Cloves
Yellow Onions
corn on the cob
small red potatoes
beverages
Paper Towels
NewsPaper
Garbage Bags
Food for unsuccessful crab wranglers.

BTW, I'll be staying at the Landing on West Beach. Coming in Friday, looking for an evening Dive/Floundering.
From Tom Wicker
The list
so far the wife picked up

* 5lb of new red potatoes
* 3 garlic cloves
* boil
* garbage bags
* 1 large bag of onions
* Corn on the Cob

I'll bring the Sausage, Lemons, Salt, Paper Towels, Ziploc Bags, 5 gals Water, Red Bull.
Bugman's got the Coke handled.
Kira's got the Dessert and/or non Crab-eating food (I think).
Still need: Newspaper,

I can bring newspaper(lots). I will back Mat up on the Coke, and maby some Tennessee
good stuff for anyone interested. I can bring anything else, just let me know. Looking foward to it.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom