2 more Coz questions, film processing and cell phones.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I've got 6 days till I fly to Cozumel for 9 days of diving and I have two questions. Where do you get film processed as close to El Cid La Ceiba hotel as possible? I'd like to see my screwups as I learn how to use my underwater camera after a couple of dives so I can make corrections as I go on. I'd hate to come home with a dozen rolls of film only to develop all lousy pictures. Now for the dumb question. Can a cell phone with Verizon service be used at all in Cozumel? I don't suppose they have any connections with service providers down there. I don't mind paying the dollar a minute rate for emergencies only, as long as the phone would have service. I'm guessing the phone won't work at all down there.

Thanks

divematt:
OK, I've got 6 days till I fly to Cozumel for 9 days of diving and I have two questions. Where do you get film processed as close to El Cid La Ceiba hotel as possible? I'd like to see my screwups as I learn how to use my underwater camera after a couple of dives so I can make corrections as I go on. I'd hate to come home with a dozen rolls of film only to develop all lousy pictures. Now for the dumb question. Can a cell phone with Verizon service be used at all in Cozumel? I don't suppose they have any connections with service providers down there. I don't mind paying the dollar a minute rate for emergencies only, as long as the phone would have service. I'm guessing the phone won't work at all down there.

Thanks

I don't know if it's the closest place to El Cid, but there's a good photo shop on the main drag next to the Calling Station, on the south side of town not far from the post office.

As to the cell phone, cell phone coverage on Cozumel is not bad, but whether or not your Verizon phone can connect to the network there is a matter between you and Verizon. Call their customer service to find out what your options are.

Armando and Holly's shop - Island Photo Center is right there at El Cid. Great people.
http://www.islacozumel.net/services/armando/
Have a great time. Will be there in several weeks myself to see them

5615mike:
Armando and Holly's shop - Island Photo Center is right there at El Cid. Great people.

Several weeks? I don't think so; check your calendar Mike, it's later than you think! ;^)

ggunn:
Several weeks? I don't think so; check your calendar Mike, it's later than you think! ;^)

Two weeks from this Wed. Woo Hoo!
Your not ready are ya Gordon?

divematt,i believe their's a photo shop just out side the front door of the hotel. i was there i dec.and my best memory tells me so. i'll be in coz.sometime after the 7th of may. have fun.

Divermatt, Holly and Armondo's place is the second door out of the front entrance of the hotel. And the shore dive there is a must especially at night!
Dive Safe, I won't tell you to have fun 'cause I know you will!
Butch :scubadive

Matt:
Report back if you call Verizon. I'd like to know if my phone will work there too.

5615mike:

I agree, Holly is great.

Danny

5615mike:
Two weeks from this Wed. Woo Hoo!
Your not ready are ya Gordon?

I am SO ready, psychologically speaking, but I do have some packing left to do. We're gonna be on the same plane form HOU, aren't we? Look for me; I'll be wearing a white (or used to be white) canvas hat and a Hawaiian shirt.

Back
Top Bottom