1st stage for 100% O2 deco bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mos11b1p

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
we dive with Atomics M1's because of their amazing versatility but I just cant afford to but $600-$700 on the end of my little 02 bottle at this stage of the game. I'm looking at either Mares Rebel 12 or the OMS Workhorse Din reg for O2. Both are in the $150 range and have nice reviews. Mares is balanced. OMS is not. Please share your opinions on "balanced or not" for a deco bottle. Other brands?

For a deco bottle balanced is not as important. Especially of you are using it for 100% O2. You can't breath it below 20 feet anyway. Unless a reg is a real P O S, as long as it's capable of being O2 cleaned it'll be fine. My deco/stage reg is a sherwood blizzard. When I go to another bottle I have a Brut I'll be setting up for that. Both are bulletprooof, breath very well at the depths I'll be using them for, and won't cost me an arm and leg to get ready.

I have been using Mares MR12 and R2 first stages for deco and stage bottles for several years. They are more than adequate for the tasks. I usually use an R2 on my oxygen bottle, and an MR12 on my EAN50. This is just from habit, as both are cleaned and prepared for oxygen service.

Greg Barlow

I got a scubapro mk2+ for my deco bottles. they work well though the 100% bottle has seen more use above the water than below lately. I matched the mk2+ with S600's simply because thats all I use for second stages. T

Balanced/unbalanced shouldn't make a difference at 20'.
I use a MK2+ so far so good. I got mine on close out so it was really cheap. BTW, some shops might tell you that a MK2+ can't be O2 cleaned. Obviously that is total bunk.

Back
Top Bottom