1st reg for newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[cstreu1026

Why wouldn't you buy the Scubapro again. I am now trying to choose between SP MK25AF/S600 and Atomic M1 and would be grateful for any input.

I've got about 20 dives all mostly done in FL and I just rented the gear. Now I'm in the market to buy my own (and hubbie's too) and we are simply stumped.

I've spent several days reading the Rodales reviews and reading the posts here and made a short list of the gear that I thought was the "best" and within a manageble price range. But then I took that list to 4 dive shops and ended up confused and frustrated.

Number one, how do I find the regs that are on my list? The models that the shops had are all in the Upper end, and not the models that got good reviews in the mid $ range. For instance, no Atomic Aquatics Z1, but there was M1. No Apeks AT20, but the ATX200. Etc.

Number two, based on so many people saying that ScubaPro was a good brand, I thought that it might be a good option for us. But then one of the shops emphatically said that I should buy a diaphragm 1st because the piston ones require so much servicing to keep them clean. And they promoted the Zeagle Envoy as a good one, with the swivel connection and the dual adjustment on the second. Sounded good to me because those are two features that are appealing. But then I come home and check Rodales and the Envoy didn't do so well on the machine testing.

And someone told me that Dacor Eagle was good because the second is so easy to take apart and clean by yourself.

I am sooooo confused!!!! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom