1st reg for newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isles

New
Reaction score
Hi,
just got my OW certification last weekend.. planning to do my AOW soon...
sort of eyeing the oceanic PX2 + alpha 7 2nd stage + slimline oct and DX4 + delta3 + slimline oct...

of course besides the former being the cheaper one... which one shd i buy? i shd be going once every 2 mths... diving in warm salt waters in asia. is the 2 set ups sufficient for me? or shd i get something more advance cos these 2 are pretty basic?

anyone with the same sets, pls comment on them? thanks!:)

causes me to have a couple of questions.

1. Are you saying "first reg" since you feel the need to save money and buy an 'inexpensive' reg and upgrade later?

2. Or, are you saying "first reg" since you think you will be taking training in the future that would cause the need for multiple regs?

When I buy a regulator setup, I view it as a life support system that I plan on having for at least 10 years. Most products you but, tend to be more in need of maintenance, the less expensive they are. Since a scuba regulator is a 'life or death' piece of equipment, I will spend as much as I can afford to have the piece of mind that what I bought is a quality rig I can rely on.

Just some food for thought.

I have the Oceanic DX4 first stage, Alpha 7 octo and Delta 3 second stage.

My second stage is on a longer hose with a swivel for easier movement. I keep the hose under my arm so I don't catch it on anything.

I'm very happy with my regs. Easy to breathe from and adjust.

Diverlady

hi thanks!
has anyone heard or used the Tigullio T52 airtrak reg before?
any complains? how is it?tigullio T52 airtrak

Going on your previous question, I think that oceanic has a much wider variety than most others and especially since you plan on doing your advanced you don't want something that is going to breath like a pig on your first deep dive. Alpha 7 + deep dives don't match . although the PX2 is a good choice.

I don't have much experience with Oceanic stuff. I personally went hog wild (sorf of) and bought a Scuba Pro Mk25/S600?R380 set up for my first reg set. If i had to do over again I would probably get an Atomic Z1 or M1. Of the scuba pro stuff can be serviced just about any where I might go and I have heard that sometimes the Atomic stuff is hard to get serviced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom