1970's vintage ScubaPro SOS Depth Guage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
1970's vintage ScubaPro SOS Depth Gauge, $50 including USPS Priority shipping.

Front says "SOS PATENT (S) MADE IN ITALY". Helium filled, 500 foot depth limit. See picture below. Here is a link to a site which contains more information on these vintage gauges: Vintage Scuba Diving Accessories Collection

The condition is pretty good for 30+ years old, I certainly never thought it was that old when I got it. It still works great - I recently dove this down to about 60 feet and the readings were accurate compared to a modern computer, within a couple feet.

The rubber back shows very little wear, the chrome bezel shows some surface scratches and has one medium sized spot and a few small spots where the chrome has flaked off. The glass has just minor small scratches from normal wear and tear. It has serial #3775 hand etched onto the wrist strap holder. There is no wrist strap.

DSC_0182.JPG

Last edited:
Why are you not showing the SPG instead of a facsimile...?

It's not an SPG, it's a depth gauge. :)

I posted a picture taken list night of the depth gauge in the message - is it not showing up? It is for me, but please let me know if others are having trouble seeing it.

The link is to a site which contains information about vintage gauges, for reference information. Just trying to be helpful. :)

I can see the picture. It's a sweet gauge. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Additionally, it would be really useful for my 480ft dives. :p
Edit: I'm not interested in buying. I was just letting you know that the picture works fine.

lsorenson - Oh I get it now! I re-read my post, it made it sound like it was "similar" to the one in the picture. What I meant was that it was similar to the one at the link, and there is an actual picture of it in the message. Edited for clarity, thanks.

#surfinusa555 - Yeah I'm thinking if you need a 500 foot depth limit, they start naming oceans after you...

Is this still for sale? I'm interested if it is!

Michael

Hey, thanks for the link to the vintage site :D I've one of the SOS decompression meters, interesting to see others...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom