15 October 2005 Upgrade Bug List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech Admin:
When you go to submit a photo there is a drop down menu asking where you want to submit it to, change that. Alternatively if you click on http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/uploadphoto.php it should specify this for you.

TA, sorry to be so thick but I looked everywhere. I can see the dropdowns for my albums and for all the other categories in the SB gallery but there does not seem to be any way for me to choose my general member gallery (not to be confused with the "members gallery")

Your guidance appreciated. Thanks - Nick

knotical:
Before the upgrade, I was able to do a tailored New Posts search

And I can again now. Thanks Tech Admin.

calypsonick:
TA, sorry to be so thick but I looked everywhere. I can see the dropdowns for my albums and for all the other categories in the SB gallery but there does not seem to be any way for me to choose my general member gallery (not to be confused with the "members gallery")

There is no general member's gallery... either you upload to a defined category or your own album.

HELP!!! For at least the 10th time, I've thoughtfully written a PM, only to be booted to the sign-in screen when I hit Submit or Preview. When I then hit the Back button, the entire PM I just wrote is gone.... ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

What's with this???? Is there now some kind of timer?? Do I have to write PM's in MSword, then copy and drop into SB??? Please.. this never happened before in a year of using Scubaboard, and it's incredibly irritating.

Insights????

Thanks.

Ted... this is exactly the problem that I tried to describe to you a couple of weeks ago... and it's happened 4 times in the last 24 hours, on both my home computer and work computer.

thanks
Claudette

What's up with the Smilies...?

I click More and wait for the other 500+ to load, then click one to use it.

As soon as I send that PM or leave that thread - they disappear?! I don't want to have to load them every time, please...??

HBDiveGirl,
Are you logging in from our homepage or the forums page or another page of the site? when do you first have to login and are you checking the "remember me" box?

HBDiveGirl:
HELP!!! For at least the 10th time, I've thoughtfully written a PM, only to be booted to the sign-in screen when I hit Submit or Preview. When I then hit the Back button, the entire PM I just wrote is gone.... ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

What's with this???? Is there now some kind of timer?? Do I have to write PM's in MSword, then copy and drop into SB??? Please.. this never happened before in a year of using Scubaboard, and it's incredibly irritating.

Insights????

Thanks.

Ted... this is exactly the problem that I tried to describe to you a couple of weeks ago... and it's happened 4 times in the last 24 hours, on both my home computer and work computer.

thanks
Claudette
Hey KC, Whenever I write a PM I copy it before sending it, just in case.

fdog:
Is it just me? When I click "insert link" while authoring a post, all I get is a dialog box to insert the URL.

Clicking "next" inserts the script. There is no dialog box asking what text I'd like displayed, I have to do it by hand.
It may not be so bad after all. I originally thought I was removed because it was "too difficult" for the average user but Dandy Don point out that the blue highlighted area in the message after clicking on OK for the URL box is actually the area that you would type in the word or phrase. Leaving it as is will just reiterate the URL. So, this is not really a bug just need to know how to use it.

MaxBottomtime:
Hey KC, Whenever I write a PM I copy it before sending it, just in case.
I've started to do this too, so I don't lose what I've written. It feels like there is a timer... and it's too short for thoughtful writing, darn it all!!
Thanks for the useful tip, Mr. Max :D .

Tech Admin:
HBDiveGirl,
Are you logging in from our homepage or the forums page or another page of the site? when do you first have to login and are you checking the "remember me" box?
I've been logging in at the homepage.
I have now clicked on the "remember me" box, and perhaps this will solve the problem. Maybe I had not checked this since the upgrade...
Thanks for the tip! :D
Claudette

Back
Top Bottom