12th St. Pompano for Memorial Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scbababe:
Grier, it would also be a great spot for a night dive(no sharks!) and with Rick's B-day coming up (6-19) beach party afterwards???? :dazzler1:

I'd love to! Just say when. (I'll probably be moving on the weekend of 6/20, but I'm game for a night dive before then!)

Originally Posted by Scuba_Jenny
Marc- for future reference, the baby black and white fishes were highhats.

I'm sure the juveniles I saw had vertical stripes making them spotted drums.

If they had horizontal stripes then they would have been highhats.

(Click on the highlighted text for pics)

Either way, there were lots of them about. :D

Marc

Marc you are right about the stripes and bars...where are the pics? My experience tells me that (although I am wrong a lot of times), because of what I saw (highhats) and the population of high hats, that they were probably high hats. Of course, there might of been a drum in the mix, and I am not doubting you, its that you don't see spotted drums very often, much less the juveniles..

Scuba_Jenny:
its that you don't see spotted drums very often, much less the juveniles..

Sez you. :D

(And one highhat thrown in just for you)

Marc

Those were this weekend? If so, I stand corrected.

Scuba_Jenny:
Those were this weekend? If so, I stand corrected.

Nah - they weren't from the weekend, though they all have been taken around here. Just pulling your leg. :wink:

Marc

I kinda guessed that...mainly 'cause there wasn't alot of tank banging, and pointing going on :wink:
What are we diving next weekend? I think there are some out of town SB folks arriving, but right off hand, I can't remember who they are...

I saw the spotted drum fish, they were swimming with black and white striped fish. Signaled Rick, think he only saw the striped ones. The drum fish were inside the school and under the coral.

Joe

Hmmm...I usually see drums on most dives...saw some on both dives last weekend Jenny. They often hang under tight ledges and small crevices...especially the juveniles....when they're so tiny, they often get missed. But I tend to spot them, maybe because I think they're so darn cute....or because I have this (unfortunate) tendency to stick my nose in those little crevices...one of these days somethings going to bite back... :)

KBeck:
Hmmm...I usually see drums on most dives...saw some on both dives last weekend Jenny. They often hang under tight ledges and small crevices...especially the juveniles....when they're so tiny, they often get missed. But I tend to spot them, maybe because I think they're so darn cute....or because I have this (unfortunate) tendency to stick my nose in those little crevices...one of these days somethings going to bite back... :)

I had a small angel fish following me around & actually bit me!! First time a fish has ever tried to nibble on me....

Isaw a few drums on our dive as well- guess it was because I was sticking my head in the crevices too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom