$1200 to spend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehamill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thanks to a recent trade of services (website creation for store credit), I have $1200 credit still left over burning a hole in my wetsuit....

So, what would you buy, if you didn't really "need" anything at your LDS... I know, in scuba the word need has a very loose definition!

Tanks and regs....tanks first for me though

Air fills and dives

To have my next few month's dives paid for would be awesome!!

I would add some more features to the website, and with the extra coin, get a scooter :)

Obviously a hard question to answer, if you asked me last week, it would be a Halcyon 21W/13.5 HID dive light, but today, since I already have that light, I would probably get another set of doubles so I could go diving all weekend without a fill.

I would take some under privileged kids and introduce them to scuba and hope they gain a new appreciation for the world we live in. Or a scooter......

If they offer dive travel, I'd do that. $1,200 should get you most of a Cozumel trip, or some nice trips to the keys.

I would take some under privileged kids and introduce them to scuba and hope they gain a new appreciation for the world we live in. Or a scooter......

I would like to change my vote to introducing under privileged kids to scuba :)

I would get a drysuit, but then again, I don't live in Florida.

So, what would you buy, if you didn't really "need" anything at your LDS... I know, in scuba the word need has a very loose definition!
Tough question, because of the caveat about the meaning of 'need'. I have five things I would spend $1200 on. The only problem is, for some of them, the $1200 is only a (healthy) down payment.
nimoh:
if you asked me last week, it would be a Halcyon 21W/13.5 HID dive light
Some people would say a good can light isn't a 'need', rather a desire. But, a new one would definitely rank in my top 5 choices.
ktkt:
I would get a drysuit, but then again, I don't live in Florida.
I agree, because I don't live in FL. I would use the $1200 as a down payment on a second drysuit (I don't think $1200 would get me where I want to go). I have a good suit, and I 'want' a second one.

Also among the five, one would be to buy several NC coastal charters - on the Monitor, for example, and on some of the deeper (>200ft) wrecks (like the EM Clark). Of course, in NC we have some coastal charters that are both great, and easily accessible, so it makes sense for me.

Closely related, but a different choice among the five would be true dive travel - to the Gallapagos. Again, $1200 wouldn't do it in entirety, it would just allow me to convince myself to spend the additional money.
nimoh:
get a scooter
Also a top 5 choice. My Mako just isn't fast enough. The $1200 would put me almost halfway to the new Halcyon that I covet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom