$1200 to spend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have brand new reg's, BC, wet suit, basic snorkel gear and computer. I am in the process of scouring Craigslist for weights so for me it would be a set of really good lights for my wife and me. We dive the Puget Sound so good lights are a necessity rather than a desire. Well based on my last dive up there a few weekends ago anyway. Oh, and I do wish I would have gone with the air integrated PC but that will come later down the road and I will keep the one I have a back up.

Hmm . . . $1200. That's one half of a Mexico cave diving trip equivalent. It's a little more than half of the tuition for either Cave 2 (which I'd really love to retake and pass) or T1, which I'd probably take if somebody else paid for it, although I'm not sure why. It would cover the cost of the really nifty dual battery canister for my light and heating vest that I'm lusting after. It would cover the cost of a sidemount setup, if I could only decide which one I wanted. It would also pay for me to go along on a trip to Port Hardy I'd love to join . . . If you can't figure out what to do with it, send it to me, because I can :)

Like some of the other responders, I would put it toward a trip to a place I've never been before, whether that's a site in Carribean, or a more exotice place like the Red Sea, Maldives, or any South Pacific dive destination. As for equipment, if you do have one, I would pick up a CO detector/analyzer. Recent posts and articles make a good case for every diver having one.
DivemasterDennis

Set of twins and a new wing. Maybe a steel backplate as well.

The question should only be answered after knowing what we have and where we want to go. I have a drysuit, regs, BCD, mask, fins, etc. I have NO interest in a snorkel. With $1200, I'd get a SideMount setup of some sort. I would also pay off my Cavern/IntroCave course I have planned for this October. My fiancee would tell you something different. Many people have mentioned a scooter...I don't want one. If you gave me one, I'd probably sell it and pay for dive trips instead.

So: what do you currently have, what are you unhappy with, and where do you see your diving going? Also, is this place online or local? If it's an LDS, your options are typically a little more flexible.

The question should only be answered after knowing what we have and where we want to go. I have a drysuit, regs, BCD, mask, fins, etc. I have NO interest in a snorkel. With $1200, I'd get a SideMount setup of some sort. I would also pay off my Cavern/IntroCave course I have planned for this October. My fiancee would tell you something different. Many people have mentioned a scooter...I don't want one. If you gave me one, I'd probably sell it and pay for dive trips instead.

So: what do you currently have, what are you unhappy with, and where do you see your diving going? Also, is this place online or local? If it's an LDS, your options are typically a little more flexible.

I think the OP was asking what you would get, not what you think they should get

Exactly... This is scuba! We ways NEED everything. I just wanted to see if I had missed any good ideas (like scooter...).

Maybe a cheap hookah setup to gold hunt (just kidding...no need to start that thread again)

I would like to change my vote to introducing under privileged kids to scuba :)

second that - or a couple of stage set /S40s, with reg set

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom