10lb. Challenge #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
almitywife:
which reminds me... CoolTec... did you receive your aussie tee from Challange #1 yet???

i mailed it weeks ago
OMG! You would think I was offering diamonds... :rofl3:

It never truly explained how I got that card... Last year's "Invade the Keys" event had a raffle with a number of items to raffle off. I won just about everything there, including 3 $50.00 gift cards (In addition to the one that was given in the gift pack everyone received)

This one is the one left over from that event, Missd got the wetsuit, my son got a snorkle, I have an extra mask and a bunch of other new equipment because of the raffle... :D
======
Yes, I received the t-shirt, yesterday. I didn't mention it because I wanted to post cool pictures of all the neato stuff you sent (just haven't had time... very busy with the business right now... on the road by 8:30 AM ... not back in until 7 - 10 PM. I AM NOT COMPLAINING... but, my boss is a real jerk! I'd fire him if I could figure out how... :) Did I mention it is MY business?)

Thank you very much! I will have pics soon, I promise... and show off all the stuff you sent!
===
(Did I forget to mention free diamonds?)

Chedder, Almity, and Linda....

Thank you sooooo much!
It took alot for me to post my weight! I'm giving this my all!

At this point, I have two main goals (with little goals in between). I'm trying to be realistic... I want to lose at least 10 lbs by my Vortex trip (end of Feb... and I think I can do that easy!). I want to lose an additional 40-50 lbs by my trip to Port St. Lucie and West Palm... and that's in August.

You all rock! I love the motivation! Good luck to everyone in the challenge!

In my avatar... I was about 290 or so. Here's a pic of my husband and I at our (10 year) anniversary dinner (in December). I was at about 293 in that pic. Notice it's not full body... I try to avoid cameras like the plague! LOL For comparison... my husband is 6' and about 215 (but built!)

Attachments

• m_100_0366.jpg
    m_100_0366.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 49
Hey Cool how many raffle tickets did you have that you won just about everything? Were you able to buy extras or was the raffle rigged :rofl3:

LindaBluedolphin:
Hey Cool how many raffle tickets did you have that you won just about everything? Were you able to buy extras or was the raffle rigged :rofl3:
LOl... there's a story there too...

Pulled in on Friday around 11 AM (needed to be on the boat at 1 PM) Attempted to check into accomodations. (not allowing people into the rooms until 4 PM)

Made the boat and did the dives
Raced to the next boat for Friday's night dive (no time for dinner)... did the dive

Got back in to shore, and didn't even know what room I was in.... Lucky me, I get a call from frogman_5 asking where I am... "The Captain" is making his signature pasta dish... and, got my dinner

Woke up just in time to get to the boat for the morning dive on Saturday. Dive boat had engine trouble while out on the dive site until our skilled replacement captain (MacGyver) rigged it. Our dive charter treated everyone to pizza!

Saturday night was SB party!
===
Now, I've gone since Friday in the Keys, and haven't spent a dime on food (who would figure?)
===
While out on the dives Saturday "The Captain" (Dario) got called back to Tampa, leaving frogman_5 without a ride to the airport in Lauderdale. I don't mind helping a friend... and he treats me to breakfast. So, I spent the entire weekend in the Keys and spent no money on food (Now, THAT's a feat!)
====
ANSWER TO THE QUESTION:
The proceeds went to some very good causes, and tickets were 3 for 5.00 (I think). I really didn't need anything, and didn't expect to win anything. I got $40.00 worth (about 21). I asked them to call another ticket when I won the first prize called (Mask and snorkel). I figured someone who needed it should get a chance at it. My ticket was the second one called too (oops). In all 13 of those tickets won (I only claimed 10 prizes). I didn't have the heart/nerve to claim the final prize (underwater digital camera) - I already have one :14:

CoolTech:
LOl... there's a story there too...

====
ANSWER TO THE QUESTION:
The proceeds went to some very good causes, and tickets were 3 for 5.00 (I think). I really didn't need anything, and didn't expect to win anything. I got $40.00 worth (about 21). I asked them to call another ticket when I won the first prize called (Mask and snorkel). I figured someone who needed it should get a chance at it. My ticket was the second one called too (oops). In all 13 of those tickets won (I only claimed 10 prizes). I didn't have the heart/nerve to claim the final prize (underwater digital camera) - I already have one :14:

Can I rub your tummy for luck? :D

Oh yeah, I will take diamonds too if they are being offered, I would submit to liposuction for diamonds (that would be a good way to lose pounds quickly) :D
(just kidding, I don't think I would resort to that)

Here's a meal to try (I was surprised at the good taste)...

I took some Hillshire Farms Light Roast Beef (98% fat free). (9 oz) Entire package is 240 cal. Heated it in a skillet, added some garlic and hot sauce... then placed it to the side.

I took two corn tortillas (90 cal. total), sprayed both sides with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray (zero cal) and heated them in the same skillet until they slightly browned on both sides (attempting to get that fried hardness without frying).

Before the tortillas cooled, I added 3 oz of roast beef to each and rolled them (like an enchilada). As the tortillas cooled, they hardened enough to pickup without falling apart.

Total cal. for this entree: 450 cal.

If you are careful with the sides, it can be an excellent meal... mmmm (well, for me at least)

LindaBluedolphin:
Can I rub your tummy for luck? :D

Oh yeah, I will take diamonds too if they are being offered, I would submit to liposuction for diamonds (that would be a good way to lose pounds quickly) :D
(just kidding, I don't think I would resort to that)
Actually, my tummy was being rubbed while I was rubbing the underwater Bhuda's at the second dive site that day... How funny is that?

You guys are the best...
OK Here it really goes:
BC before children (ok 27 years ago)
135lbs 1980 (yikes)
today...............
ahhhhhh...........
craapppppp!!!!
169 lbs on Jan 3
164 lbs today
But I have really big b**bs so that acounts for about 15 lbs LOL

CheddarChick:
You guys are the best...
OK Here it really goes:
BC before children (ok 27 years ago)
135lbs 1980 (yikes)
today...............
ahhhhhh...........
craapppppp!!!!
169 lbs on Jan 3
164 lbs today
But I have really big b**bs so that acounts for about 15 lbs LOL
Excellent work!

... although... we would need to see them... uhm... just to make... uhm... up our own... uhm... minds, about... uhm... .... .... Oh, yeah... the weight thingy! Yeah... that's the ticket! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom