10lb. Challenge #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBulla:
I'll go over there "Still using the truck weigh station to weigh in.. no change. Took two trips to haul rear over here..."

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I think it's the swim suit you know those add ten pounds.....Still stuck at the same weight not 1 ounce less or more...... Boy it had better start to fall off. maybe after this week gets done. I hate being a girl. total since begining the challenge is 5.3 pounds. I think we should get to count the ups and downs twice.....

As of this morning, I am 7 pounds down. I think part of my weight loss has been that in addition to watching what I eat, I have been sick twice. I am working on getting over a sinus infection and the stuff I am taking along with being sick has made me loose my appetite! So if there is a bright side to being sick, that is it I guess

CheddarChick:
I think we should get to count the ups and downs twice.....

LOL! If I could count every time I lost the same 5 lbs... WOW! What a loss! I couldn't even imaging what that total would be! :11doh:

LindaBluedolphin:
I actually wish I could run Jenny, I hurt my knee about 4 1/2 years ago and really have to be careful about what I do, and balance that with how much pain I choose to be in.

Also around here there are no street lights for the most part, mostly rural country roads (which are usually very crowded since this is not a rural area).
Maybe you should try a stationary bike ... mine seems to be pretty easy on the knees.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Maybe you should try a stationary bike ... mine seems to be pretty easy on the knees.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Excellent idea Bob, only thing is I hate stationary bikes, the two things that have worked for me in the past are treadmills and stair masters. I have not tried a StairMaster since I hurt my knee. The cardioglide seems to help too, but that is mostly upper body.

I do have room for 1 more piece of equipment in my exercise room though, but it can't be too large. I would actually like to get a weight bench you know the ones about 4' long or something like that. I have seen a few on line, but have not seriously looked. I did go into Play it again Sports but they did not have one at that particular point in time.

Posted this in weigh in first- 190 this week, which is up 2#. Who knew all this healthy stuff like 6 day a week cardio and 2 x week in the gym would make me gain weight. I'm not doing heavy lifting (reps at low weight, slow and controlled lifts) and cardio is long moderate fat burning pace, so I'm not convinced it is the muscle replacing fat theory. On the other hand the belt is a notch closer (comfortably), so I guess its OK.

LindaBluedolphin:
Excellent idea Bob, only thing is I hate stationary bikes, the two things that have worked for me in the past are treadmills and stair masters. I have not tried a StairMaster since I hurt my knee. The cardioglide seems to help too, but that is mostly upper body.

I do have room for 1 more piece of equipment in my exercise room though, but it can't be too large. I would actually like to get a weight bench you know the ones about 4' long or something like that. I have seen a few on line, but have not seriously looked. I did go into Play it again Sports but they did not have one at that particular point in time.

Have you tried eliptical trainers? Not exactly a compact piece of equipment, but I have a bad knee and a bad disk in my back, and the eliptical has always been pain free for me (except for the good after workout pain).

merxlin:
Have you tried eliptical trainers? Not exactly a compact piece of equipment, but I have a bad knee and a bad disk in my back, and the eliptical has always been pain free for me (except for the good after workout pain).

Ellipticals usually are ok for bad knees. However, if you have very bad knees... it may not be ok. I'm in the "not ok" group for the ellipticals. I used to have one, then it became too painful to use. Per the orthopedic doctor, I was only allowed to use it if I have NO pain while on it. So... I gave it to mom and dad. Just beware when using any kind of equipment... joint pain is NOT a good thing. However... muscle "burn" (the feeling) is good! :wink:

merxlin:

Never tried an Eliptical, but I know that won't fit in my small approx 11' 12' room I have a treadmill in there already, plus a section for the music equipment (actually a very old stereo with tuner and turntable), and a small television. The Cardio glide is next to the treadmill, not much room left.

My knee is not that bad in that way, some hiking will give it fits, other types won't it just depends, sitting for prolonged periods of time will bother me too when I stand up and start to walk (I got thrown out of a DAN flying after diving study because there would be no way to know if the pain in my knee at the end of the test was due to possible DCS or just because I sat in a simulated plane flight for about 4 hours, this is all perfectly understandable). I was tubing and crashed into the water inside of my left knee first at 30mph OUCH!. I hurt some sort of "M" mussel or something, I can never remember what it is called. It does better in the summer then the winter and it is quite sporadic. I need to try an elliptical some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom