1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll throw in my 2 cents. I just received my 1000 lumen the other day and am shocked at how AWESOME this light is. I have a 3 D cell mag light (led) that I have used for a couple of years (on land of course) that is blinding, and this light puts it to shame. I cannot wait to dive with it!

Thank you for the excellent product and customer service!

I just got mine today.

You need to sell this light with a goodman handle ... it's brighter than my 21W Salvo ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well I just took a photo before packing the truck for a weekend of diving.

My two lights are Identical except the 500 or 1000 markings.......
photo.jpgphoto (1).jpg

I just got mine today.

You need to sell this light with a goodman handle ... it's brighter than my 21W Salvo ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Let me know how the in water test goes please, in comparing the two lights.

Goodman handle and an "umbilical" => very nice travel can light ... IJS

Let me know how the in water test goes please, in comparing the two lights.

I did a comparison in the murky water of Lake Washington yesterday ... shining it side-by-side with my 21W Salvo on a wreck at about 85 ffw in 15-20 foot vis (in other words, it was dark and murky). From 8-10 feet above the wreck, shining them both next to each other, the spot was roughly the same size and intensity. The Salvo had a "whiter" beam, and was a bit more penetrating through the suspended particles in the water. But the DRIS light would work quite well as a primary in those conditions. It was also very easy to deploy, handle, and restow while wearing drygloves.

One of my dive buddies took some video ... if she posts it somewhere, I'll provide a link.

This is a great light for the price. I'm going to have to buy another, I think ... or maybe two ... for students to use on their AOW night dives. Nice thing about these as a cheap primary is that on a wrist lanyard when you let go of the light it points down, rather than that crazy spinning disco-light thing you get with the pistol-grip lights.

Anybody try one of these yet with NiMH rechargeable batteries?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I wish a well thought out light sock or some form of a rigid (yet small) handle would make an appearance.......

Bob, its 7:15 eastern time.... do you ever sleep?

Bob, its 7:15 eastern time.... do you ever sleep?

My day normally starts at 3:30 ... so I'm usually up early even when I don't have to be.

But I injured myself yesterday climbing back on the boat ... one of those things that just goes "pop" and you don't really know why ... so didn't get much sleep last night. Even a couple of vicoden didn't help much. Got a right wrist and hand that ain't functioning too well this morning ... and a drysuit class in three hours.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

ouch! Take care of yourself...

While I have yet to place my order for one of these 1000w lights, I will put it out there that I would be willing to purchase a couple of the 500's for backups. Please pm me with any offers. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom