1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm working on a goodman handle/sock DIY project as we speak.
I'm still blown away at the power of this light.

This thing's going to be perfect for night bug diving in Socal.

Are you still running the promo pricing for those who just bought the 500?

Yes, we are :wink: That is still valid

---------- Post added ----------

I wish a well thought out light sock or some form of a rigid (yet small) handle would make an appearance.......

This is what we have right now and we are working on a sock option :wink:

This can be adapted to an existing goodman handle:
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/lumen-light-bracket-p-3369.html

One solution/improvement on the piece above could be to drill two holes on each side, one at each end, and run some small bungee through them over the gap. This would help hold the light in better.

One solution/improvement on the piece above could be to drill two holes on each side, one at each end, and run some small bungee through them over the gap. This would help hold the light in better.

When I was using my "Shade Tree Can Light" I used a couple of zip ties to keep the light in place. Not ideal, but combined with the DRIS clamp, probably a viable solution. You can see the "contraption" in this picture:

My light came in the mail late last week, and while I haven't had a chance to try it underwater, all I have to say is OMG I have a portable sun!

My light came in the mail late last week, and while I haven't had a chance to try it underwater, all I have to say is OMG I have a portable sun!

... just don't shine it in the fishie's eyes ... we don't want to turn them into little Stevie Wonder ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom