1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am just waiting for my USA address person to stop traveling and I'll be clicking order myself. I just can't justify the freight to Canada so I am working with the system :thumb:

Looked at the date......clicked purchase :thumb:.

Last edited:
Well I finally got to test out the 500 lumen model in murky water. It seemed to be almost identical to my RX2 Can light. Seeing both claim about the same burn time.. an $80 light vs an $800 can light. Not sure if I like you or hate you Mike :0

Well I finally got to test out the 500 lumen model in murky water. It seemed to be almost identical to my RX2 Can light. Seeing both claim about the same burn time.. an $80 light vs an $800 can light. Not sure if I like you or hate you Mike :0

I raised this question in the discussion when discussing the arrival of the 500 lumen DRIS light. Makes one wonder if the era of the expensive can light is over.... Guess there will be those LDS and manufacturers who have a vested interest and maybe some others who haven't changed gear since 1980 (hey I'm diving 1980's regulator gear too :) ) who will insist otherwise. I could get 5 or 6 of these lights for the price of 1 can light... just saying...... BTW I got the 400 min burn time out of my 500 DRIS lights.

---------- Post added ----------

I raised this question in the discussion when discussing the arrival of the 500 lumen DRIS light. Makes one wonder if the era of the expensive can light is over.... Guess there will be those LDS and manufacturers who have a vested interest and maybe some others who haven't changed gear since 1980 (hey I'm diving 1980's regulator gear too :) ) who will insist otherwise. I could get 5 or 6 of these lights for the price of 1 can light... just saying...... BTW I got the 400 min burn time out of my 500 DRIS lights.

Hey I'm hoping they will keep some 500 lumens in stock. The 1000 is great for day time signaling and caving, but not good for night dives. The second edition of 500lumens (slightly longer seems to have a little broader beam spread and works for ocean night diving (OK I do switch to my 4 AA cell Pinceton Tec 40 to interact with critters.:D

Last edited:
FWIW, I've disassembled my light and it made me start thinking: The construction is so simple, it'd be cool if there were upgrade / replacement modular components for it.

For example, when the 1500 lumen part comes out, just replace the light module. Want only 500 lumen? Replace it with a smaller one. Want a more focused light? Replace the lense.

I wonder what 3C could drive in the future.

Pretty much ANYONE that was waiting for one, got theirs shipped out today :wink:

The problem with it being modular, is that the light head needs to get bigger for more of a flood light. We could make it more of a spot, but I don't think it is really necessary based on it's current spot. We are working on a flood reflector, but again, you will have to buy a whole new light head....the most expensive part of the light....which means you may as well just buy another light :p

Pretty much ANYONE that was waiting for one, got theirs shipped out today :wink:

The problem with it being modular, is that the light head needs to get bigger for more of a flood light. We could make it more of a spot, but I don't think it is really necessary based on it's current spot. We are working on a flood reflector, but again, you will have to buy a whole new light head....the most expensive part of the light....which means you may as well just buy another light :p

Rumor has it Rich said next week youre coming out with a 1500lumen...
I like popcorn...:D
I love you guys!

Is the 500 Lumen light really $10 more than the 1000 Lumen light?

Really hoping my gf gets me one of these bad boys for my birthday here in a couple days... Thinking about just ordering one anyways and telling her it's my birthday gift from her. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom