1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to order mine, but I am also thinking of getting a trangta wing. Is there a time limit on the special offer toward previous 500 lumen owner?

Mine just arrived today and it's really nice. I think the hot spot (center) is about the same lux as my TrustFire TR-J1 but a brighter and wider spill. Also while the TrustFire will be nice and small clipped to my webbing as a backup, the DRIS feels like a light that I could clobber someone over the head with.

Edit: Upon additional review I think the hot spot is brighter then my TrustFire.

Can't wait to get it in the lake and see how it does.

Last edited:
wait, I confused. From Mike's picture, it looks like the 1000 is about the same brightness as the 500, but bigger hotspot. But from Jax's picture, it looks like same size hot spot and brighter. Which is accurate?

I am trying to order mine, but I am also thinking of getting a trangta wing. Is there a time limit on the special offer toward previous 500 lumen owner?

Just a reasonable time...if you come back next year, might not happen :wink:

---------- Post added May 21st, 2012 at 06:18 PM ----------

It is brighter by about 30% in person and underwater :wink:

Might want to order one of the 500 lumens. To me for ocean night dives, the 500 is borderline too bright. The second shipment that they got that is 1/2" longer seems to have a little wider beam and would be great for Coz. It is what I'm taking.
I have a few 500's (different mfg) already. I just want it to show up a dive buddy that just bought a 750 lm from another manfacture.

so I ordered the light already, hollis led5 is going onto ebay. It is all because of you, mike.

now, you guys make me thinking if I should go for the entire DRIS bp/w package or just the wing. I kind of want to try to HOG plate too because it has a set of holes lower than normal plate.

Just put my order in! Have used my 500 lumen version of these lights on 3 night dives so far and they have been great!

Back
Top Bottom