1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a sock that fits these lights well?

Last edited:
Would a light like this be a good video/focus light?

Not in my opinion. Way to bright with to much of a hot spot, and not wide enough of a beam. While the lumen value of the light is fine for video, the narrow beam and hotspot would wash out anything in the center of the picture/video. I always get mad at dive buddies when I am trying to video something on a night dive and they put one of their lights on it. grrrr! LOL

I'm sure Mike will be doing something about a diffuser, surely to goodness.

Should the tail cap of this light be able to come of? It looks like it has an o-ring but boy is it on their tight. Same for the lens cap. At this point I can twist the head off to change batteries and clean/lube those orings but the others are going to take some convicing. ( I assume I should. )

Should the tail cap of this light be able to come of? It looks like it has an o-ring but boy is it on their tight. Same for the lens cap. At this point I can twist the head off to change batteries and clean/lube those orings but the others are going to take some convicing. ( I assume I should. )

The tail does not come off :wink:

Oh boy, just placed an order for one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom