10 days till we leave for Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mavjax

Reaction score
We (the better half and I) are heading to Moon Palace in Cancun for a week. Other than seeing the ruins, diving is a priority.

We are still pretty new, and like to feel like the dive op is looking out for us. Top priorities in diving are safe, fun and great photo ops. Wrecks are also a big hit. I'll take pics of reefs or animals or both I just like being there.

Is it worth the time and money for a trip to Coz or should we just enjoy Cancun's diving?

Prefered dive op close to moon palace?

We will be taking all of our own gear. Any other suggestions.
Thanks,

If you have never been to Cancun or Coz to dive you will love it. My husband and I went the beginning of the month and it was out first ocean dive and it was fantastic. The dive op that we used was great we were even able to get a video of us diving. We dove Cancun 2 days and Coz 1. Next time we go we will do more diving. We used Manta Divers and they are south of Moon Palace near Fat Tuesdays.

Have Fun
Denise

Actually manta divers is nowhere near moon palace Red Dog, I think you must be thinking of one of the other palace resorts.

There is a dive operation at the moon palace, they are part of the largest and most professional marina in Cancun. You will be looked after, they have big stable boats compared to the other dive ops in cancun. They have great package deals where you get a variety of Cancun, Cozumel and Cavern dives for a great price. The operation is specifically set up to cater for the less experienced divers and will take care of you well. If you want, PM me and I can help you contact someone to give you some idea what is to offer before you even come down.

Hey Mavjax,
If you want to combine the ruins and diving, a good way to do it is rent a car, drive south on Highway 307 to the ruins in Tulum. Get there as soon as it opens, visit the ruins for a few hours, then head a couple minutes up the road to Dos Ojos where you can do a safe but fun cenote dive. Visit www.hiddenworlds.com.mx - they can help you with details and reserve a spot for you. Diving in the cenotes after a day in the sun is very refreshing. You can also grab lunch out front. They recently added / updated a small restaurant there. Enjoy your stay.

For Cancun Mark, if you notice this thread

I and my wife are looking to complete our open water dives for certification (have the rest done already) ... do you feel the place at Moon Palace would be a good choice for those final dives? If so, please let me know their name or contact info ... for us, nice large boats and a good staff would be worth the money!

Thanks!

We had a great time in Cancun. We actually ended up doing all of our dives right from moon palace. Since it is the slow season, we had a number of trips where there were as many staff as there were guests on the boat. We had outstanding service and some very nice dives.

Had to change our plans for Cayman-thanks Ivan, so are going to Cancun in two weeks. Trying to find a decent price for dive packages. We had a 3 day dive passport with Don Fosters in GC for 180 each..I thought Mexico would be much cheaper. SURPRISE! ScubaCancun isn't bad for including Coz, but $222 each hurts... Found a dive op called Nautilus Diving, offering 3 days for 145, but can't figure out if it's 3 days of two tank dives, or just one dive per day...very confused. Manta is also confusing = 3 day dive pkg = 159, but it seems that is one dive per day. Also found a cool dive op on Isla Mujeras - Coral Scuba Diving Center = 3 days for $115, but their e-mail doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!!!

mavjax:
We had a great time in Cancun. We actually ended up doing all of our dives right from moon palace. Since it is the slow season, we had a number of trips where there were as many staff as there were guests on the boat. We had outstanding service and some very nice dives.

Did you guys do any night dives out there? If so, did you see anything that was very interesting?

Use Nautilus! They are fantastic. DM Octavio will take very good care to provide the best service possible. Clemente (photographer) can provide you with AWESOME footage of your experience-you won't even know he is there! Tell them Jackie sent you.

texaseadevil:
Had to change our plans for Cayman-thanks Ivan, so are going to Cancun in two weeks. Trying to find a decent price for dive packages. We had a 3 day dive passport with Don Fosters in GC for 180 each..I thought Mexico would be much cheaper. SURPRISE! ScubaCancun isn't bad for including Coz, but $222 each hurts... Found a dive op called Nautilus Diving, offering 3 days for 145, but can't figure out if it's 3 days of two tank dives, or just one dive per day...very confused. Manta is also confusing = 3 day dive pkg = 159, but it seems that is one dive per day. Also found a cool dive op on Isla Mujeras - Coral Scuba Diving Center = 3 days for $115, but their e-mail doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!!!

http://mantadivers.com/en/packages/index.php

The package you are speaking of looks more like a two day package with 1 tank and a night dive on a day one, and two tanks on day two...

Ron

Back
Top Bottom