Question June Tulum Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks! I am heading down Cancun with my girlfriend in early June for ten days and am wanting some advice on putting our plan together. We are both sidemount cavern divers, she is full cave and I hope to have my cave certification by the time I go down there. Our initial thoughts are to head straight down to the Tulum-Aventuras area to stay for the majority of the trip for some cenote diving, then come back towards Playa for a day or two of saltwater diving, then wrap the trip up back in Cancun to dive with whale sharks at Isla Mujeres (figured we would do this on our last day of diving), and figured we would spend our last day and a half checking out ruins in the Cancun area. Does this sound like a reasonable itinerary to those in the know?

1. Protec seems highly recommended to dive with in the Tulum area. Any others we should consider?
  2. I can get a car pretty cheaply ($15-$20/day). Is this worth it or should we just hop a bus to Tulum and then utilize the dive shop's provided transport? Are cabs/ubers/lyfts available if we want to go to the beach/to eat/etc?
  3. Who and where would y'all recommend for our saltwater dives? Can you do this out of Tulum or are we better off going a bit north for this?
  4. Any places you have stayed that you really enjoyed that we should consider?
  5. Any dive and stay packages that we might should consider?
  6. I'm sure this list will get longer. Any other advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

No diving with the whale sharks, snorkel only.

Check car rental price to see if it includes mandatory insurance

Do half trip in Tulum and other half in Cozumel for best diving trip

Back
Top Bottom