10 days in Phils : Malapascua / Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebib

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

We have 10 days to spend in Philippines begin November.
We plan to fly from Singapore to Cebu.
So far, from what I’ve read, Malapascua is on the top of our list. Nevertheless I’d like to add another site. Bohol Islands seems to be a good option; nevertheless I’m a bit scare to run out of time.
Does it sound feasible to combine the 2 destinations within 10 days? Would you have any other alternative to suggest?
Thanks,

Good choices, Malapascua is my fav place in the Philippines. You could reasonably do Moalboal or even Dumaguete in lieu of Bohol if you wanted within the 10 days. No problem with doing both in the amount of time you have. Bohol is a short ferry ride from Cebu, and on getting up to Malapascua taking the same ferry back you've got about 3.5 hours by car/boat to get to Malapascua, so you'd have to give yourself only one day off out of your 10 for travel time..or could even dive in the am and spend the rest of the day traveling up to Malapascua. Give yourself at least a half day to see the Chocolate Hills and maybe the tarsier center in Bohol. But personally I'd split up your days 3/7 or 4/6 with Malapascua getting as many diving days as Malapascua definitely offers the superior diving of the two.

I agree with everything above. No matter where you go you'll use a days diving in transit. Malapascua is your best option. From here you can get a morning bus to Cebu and jump on Ocean Jet's fast ferry at 3pm which will take you to Bohol in 2 hours of Negros and Dumaguete (for diving Dauin / Apo) in 4 hours (same boat, stops both places). You can take the same boat back to Cebu at the end.If you need any help with the trip just let me now, or PM and I can help.Enjoy!

I'd add Moalboal to save yourself some travel time, and good diving in Moalboal as well...but Bohol and Malapascua is doable in 10 days, 4 days at each gets you a lot of good diving.

If you can get to Dumaguete, check out Atmosphere Resort - fantastic dive resort - very upmarket....and the diving was brilliant. P1010490 (Large).jpgFrogfish were seen on most dives.IMG_0424 (Large).JPGIMG_0425 (Large).JPGIMG_0431 (Large).jpgIMG_0591 (Large).jpgIMG_0668 (Large).JPGIMG_0744 (Large).jpgIMG_0750 (Large).jpgIMG_0796 (Large).jpgIMG_0895 (Large).jpgIMG_0970 (Large).JPGP1010460 (Large).jpgP1010469 (Large).jpgIt is a unusual blend of macro 'muck' diving with some great coral slope diving offshore at Apo Island. HIghly recommended.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm flying from Singapore to Cebu with Cebu airpacific
In singapore airport (changi), I have to transfer from Terminal 3 to Budget terminal.
taking into consideration that i need to clear arrival immigrations, collect my baggage and clear Customs before checking-in again; do you think that a buffer of 2h30 will be sufficient to transfer from T3 to budget terminal ?

Thanks,

Hi,

In singapore airport (changi), I have to transfer from Terminal 3 to Budget terminal.
taking into consideration that i need to clear arrival immigrations, collect my baggage and clear Customs before checking-in again; do you think that a buffer of 2h30 will be sufficient to transfer from T3 to budget terminal ?

Thanks,

I will be going to Malapascua & Moalboal in early Dec. When are you going? Maybe we can pool land-transfer.

Singapore Changi Airport is very efficient. There are 24hours free inter-terminal transfers.
You may wish to refer to the following link.

Inter-Terminal Transfer - Changi Airport

Hi,

Thanks,

I agree with ocdiver1's recommendation. I've been to Malapascua 12 times and Bohol - Alona Beach 3 both are on my top places to dive in the Philippines. Not that they are the best for everyone but for me they offer the macro photo critters I like to see.

Sounds like a great trip. I would just add that I could more than happily spend the time in one location (Malapascua being my preference) and save the other until the next time. You will have a fantastic time though - say hi to the threshers for me! And tell them I will be there soon..ish :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom