1 week post sinus surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just had my sinuses reamed and vacuumed 2 weeks ago. All my sinus passages were blocked and the sinuses themselves were chronically inflamed and full of cysts. Also, my septum had a 90 degree twist in it, so it had to be cut and stitched back straight. I have never known that breathing could be this easy! This is changing my life! The Mrs. is also very happy, since my snoring has disappeared. It turns out that this condition was not only giving me the "ice pick between the eyes" condition while diving,but was also the cause of some mystery tooth aches.

It appears that my recovery is faster than most also. I had surgery on a Monday morning, the packing removed on Tuesday morning. I even managed to stagger into work on Wednesday for a while. They removed the plastic stints after one week, and I am feeling great... The doc says I can be back diving in 4-6 weeks...sweeeeet! I will be in tip-top shape for our trip to Cozumel in early November - Yeah!

I have been following your thread for a couple of weeks. Encouraging to hear the good results afterwards. I am having my sinuses done on Oct 11th. He isn't going to have to mess with my septum and says I could be back diving in a week after the surgery if everything goes well. He let me see the CT scan of my head. Pretty cool to see what is going on in there.

I have had one sinus infection after another this whole year and it has really got in the way of diving. I am hoping this takes care of it. The Doc told me I could wait and when I had had enough we could do the surgery. I told him I would eat dog crap 3 times a day if it would make me feel better and let me go diving more. I am so sick of being sick and having to cancel my diving plans!

Currently I have to equalize every breath on descent and go ever so slow. Have you guys found that after the surgery that it is easier for you to equalize?

He isn't going to have to mess with my septum and says I could be back diving in a week after the surgery if everything goes well.

Wow, are you sure that he said only a week? Even without the septum work, there will be some scabbing and bleeding for at least a week. You must be having a very minor procedure.

He told me I would bleed but that it wouldn't hurt anything if I was just busting a gut to dive. He said it would take him about 30 minutes to remove what he needs to and that the whole thing from when I go to sleep and wake up would be about 4 hours. I think it is just the front part he is going to work on the back areas looked good.

At any rate, we will see how it goes. Not planning any trips to the lake until after I am sure I feel ok

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom