1-15 June Philippines Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bill, glad you got plenty of dives logged. I was wondering if you could compare/contrast PG with the other dive locations you've been to in the Philippines. I've not gone to PG yet myself and have mostly tended to dive in the Visayas with Malapascua as my favorite regular location.

Thanks.

Hi Jason, I have to say that all the places that I've dived in the Philippines have been great and I've never come away dissapointed in the diving there :) They each have things that make them unique though, so it really depends on what you're in to.

Both Anilao and PG have a great variety of diving and the Verde Passage is the center of biodiversity for the entire planet. I photographed more species of nudibranchs there than at any other place that I've dived. I saw more frogfish, more octopus, more species of fish in general. What I didn't see a lot of were turtles (only close enough to photograph one) or sharks (only saw one on the entire trip). Moalboal is the place for turtles and Pescador Island I consider to be one of the best dive spots that I've ever been too. Malapascua of course has thresher sharks and mandarinfish.

If you've not dived there, then PG is definitely worth going to. I'd try to do Anilao at the same time since they are not far apart (opposite sides of the Verde Passage from each other). I would plan at least 8-10 dive days in order to have time to dive all the major sites.

My next trip wil be likely somewhere in the Visayas. I've heard good things about Southern Leyte and Bohol. I've been told theres a dive near Dauin-Dumaguete where I can see over 30 species of nudibranch in one dive!

Kinda like that "Spank the Monkey" web game that everyone was passing around a while back...

Z...

The one around eevie? yep. That's his wife. :) haha, dude, if that were my hand my arm would reach down to my knees! haha. My hand is on Terrie's shoulder.

In the second picture, dennis knocked over a full glass of water...that's why him and eevie aren't looking in the pic. hehe. :)

edit: and I'm rick james, b***ch! (on wii)

2455275991_53d968ebd3_o.gif
waaaaaaaaahahahahahaha on a wii!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

Jag

Back
Top Bottom