0.5 mm custom wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KwajDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that makes 0.5 mm custom wetsuits?

I've visited every website suggested in the previous threads regarding custom wetsuits. I couldn't find one that makes a 0.5 mm! D'OH!

Thanks!
Val

may i ask why you need a .5 mm?

I'm in the Marshall Islands, so the water temperature is usually 80-83 F year round. After snorkeling for 30-45 minutes, I get a little chilly. I asked my instructor for advice and he suggested that I invest in a 0.5 mm wetsuit. The problem is I've got a goofy body, so the standard sizes are way off.

Val

got ya... hmmm...

well, i've seen 1.5 mm so there must be someone who makes custom .5 mm... i just
don't know who.

you might end up having to go 1 mm

Do you know if there's much of a difference with regard to maintaining body heat between 0.5 mm and 1 mm? I'm sure it's a little different for everybody, but just curious.

Thanks for your help.
Val

Bob3:
They're not custom cut, but the material is so stretchy that an off the rack will fit most folks.
I do know someone that whacked 6" off the legs though.
I didn't think about cutting off some of the legs. That might come in handy. Thanks!

KwajDiver:
Do you know if there's much of a difference with regard to maintaining body heat between 0.5 mm and 1 mm? I'm sure it's a little different for everybody, but just curious.

Thanks for your help.
Val

just about any 0.5 to 3 mm wetsuit stretches a lot these days... I also have a "goofy" body and I was surprised when i tried on standard sizes that they fit really well... not at all like rental suits.

BTW - I also frequently snorkel and dive in warm water... I would recommend a 3/1.5 mm wetsuit over a 0.5 mm wetsuit any day... remember that by the time you feel cold in the water you have already lost a lot of body warmth and you are at risk for exposure.

Back
Top Bottom