YouTube Content Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, getting knee surgery and probably out of commission for a few months. I'm looking for recommendations for any favorite YouTube channels that have a variety of diving learning content. Basically, instead of wasting time watching a movie or the news, I would like to find a couple hours of content I can watch on the couch each weekend.

My short term goal is to be a more advanced single tank recreational diver and finish my dive master in the next two years. I don't need the "so you want to be a diver" videos. But at the same time I don't need the "cave diver with a rebreather" videos either. Just some content where I can absorb general equipment, principles and standard techniques knowledge while I heal.

Any trusted source channels that have a lot of useful content while I try not to feel sorry for myself?

Thanks in advance.

I really enjoy the ISE videos by Achim Schlöffel https://www.youtube.com/c/CoastalDevelopment/videos

And Steve Martin has lots of great instructional content (not just for sidemount) https://www.youtube.com/user/sidemountscubadiving

I also enjoyed this view into what taking a cave course could be like (even though I am some years away from doing that)

And I highly recommend these two lectures by Simon Mitchell if you have any interest in deco theory and tech diving eventually

AND

Thanks guys I'll check it out. Been watching some on topics I probably have neglected, tides, currents, visibility, thermoclines, etc.

YoubeeTooby? Just don’t search for Disney+ content.

Not scuba diving but if you are an outdoors kind of person...

When i was laid up i got into some camping/freediving/fishing videos by an Aussie named Chris Bamman. It's somewhat of a genre but he does it very well IMO. Not everyone's cup of tea but I love solo camping and boating so it resonated.

If you are lucky and healthy enough you find you aren’t out of the water that long but everyone is different. I had a total knee replacement and was out of the water for 33 days, pool time as soon as possible has helped a lot in my experience. Good luck.

Discovery Divers Tokyo has interesting content and has been active on ScubaBoard in the past -- though no new videos in a couple of months now.

Triton's Realm is, to me, probably the most under-rated YouTube scuba channel -- they have great content, and although based out of St. Croix (with excellent videos on diving there), they've done videos on a wide variety of dive locations and topics.

Edit: Sorry, looking back again at the original post, these channels are not mostly instructional channels, but they are good scuba channels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom