YouTube Content Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one's I've seen are neutrally buoyant. PADI only requires a neutral buoyant skill set since last year or 2020.
You're joking right? Is this not his most recent skills video?
That's painful to watch.

PADI and all the other WRSTC members should have required far more a long time ago.

So no, Marcel's videos are terrible and should not be used as a resource except by those who wish to perpetuate mediocrity.

Okay, getting knee surgery and probably out of commission for a few months. I'm looking for recommendations for any favorite YouTube channels that have a variety of diving learning content. Basically, instead of wasting time watching a movie or the news, I would like to find a couple hours of content I can watch on the couch each weekend.

My short term goal is to be a more advanced single tank recreational diver and finish my dive master in the next two years. I don't need the "so you want to be a diver" videos. But at the same time I don't need the "cave diver with a rebreather" videos either. Just some content where I can absorb general equipment, principles and standard techniques knowledge while I heal.

Any trusted source channels that have a lot of useful content while I try not to feel sorry for myself?

Thanks in advance.
Check in this order IMO:

1. Alec Peirce Scuba, a LEGEND. Great source of information, history of scuba diving, gear in general, tips, etc. Extremely well spoken and educated person.

2. Others also mentioned Simply Scuba, great channel as well but be careful as they are an online store so all products are great...

3. LakeHickoryScuba, great channel overall.

4. Divers Ready, same as above.

5. I also like Dive Talk channel, more cave oriented but very positive people with great attitude.

6. 50ft Below is gone but still has some great gear reviews online.

Thought I'd add to this thread and mention the Freeman Adventure Video channel that has some good content on diving in different regions, from Pacific Northwest to Caribbean diving, and currently starting a new video series about a trip on the Quino El Guardian liveaboard to the Revillagigedo Islands aka Socorro:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom